The mkiv Supra Owners Club

rear windscreen removal without breaking

supra_aero

Yes. Autoglass removed and replaced mine. Only thing is they wont offer any warranty because its not a screen they stock which I assumed meant its also no longer a screen Toyota stock. You'll need a new window seal, Keron was the cheapest place for one of those.

Yes. Autoglass removed and replaced mine. Only thing is they wont offer any warranty because its not a screen they stock which I assumed meant its also no longer a screen Toyota stock. You'll need a new window seal, Keron was the cheapest place for one of those.

If this is the case we need Mr Whifbitz to start making them as he produces heated windscreens - God i wanted one of those :(

So they didn't break the rear windscreen?

Best done on a hot day, (yeah, right....) and using the correct oscillating cutter. I had someone take out a broken Countach front screen at my old garage and when Lamborghini Concessionaires supplied a new one at massive cost, it wouldn't fit. That's when they tell you the cars are hand built and the laminated glass may need nibbling around the edges to fit the `ole... An old boy came and did it with a diamond scriber and nibblers that looked Victorian. he made me sign a disclaimer, but God bless him, he did it and it no breakage. I was heavy on the pen with the bill for that job, a nightmare, so consider modern production methods a blessing, at least the `oles fit the glass these days :)

Best done on a hot day, (yeah, right....) and using the correct oscillating cutter. I had someone take out a broken Countach front screen at my old garage and when Lamborghini Concessionaires supplied a new one at massive cost, it wouldn't fit. That's when they tell you the cars are hand built and the laminated glass may need nibbling around the edges to fit the `ole... An old boy came and did it with a diamond scriber and nibblers that looked Victorian. he made me sign a disclaimer, but God bless him, he did it and it no breakage. I was heavy on the pen with the bill for that job, a nightmare, so consider modern production methods a blessing, at least the `oles fit the glass these days :)

Hand built is boring anyway. For the fan boys.

Removed mine a few weeks ago before painting the car. It's a must in my opinion as they almost always rust there.

I used a window knife, don't know the real name but it's just a bent small knife, just get it in under the list and cut around, took about 10 min. Now getting the glue from the old tint off, that was a pita! Took me 2 hours despite having glue removal.

On another note, does anyone have the part number for the rear window list as I need a new one :)