The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New member. Can't wait to get my first Supra.....

Guest ronan1506

Guest ronan1506

Hi all.

Great forum. Have watched from the wings for a long time but I'm finally in a position to go on the hunt for a tt6. I'm looking at the option of importing but it's a big gamble as there is nothing like seeing and driving something first even if it costs a little extra for the luxury. Looking for a stock tt6 with few miss (maybe exhaust/ induction) so I probably have my work cut out. Wish me luck

:welcome: and good luck finding a nice one, look beyond the blingy wheels and

paintwork, these cars are now getting on so if at all possible see if you can get your f

uture purchase on a ramp and have a good look underneath.

Go through the cars history and see whats been replaced over the years, lots of OE parts

will be borderline in need of replacement now

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Don't rush it! you are in possibly the worst time to buy one for age/condition vs price, but saying that Ireland seems to have a few come up for sale and some are often hidden away for long periods due to your draconian road tax charges!

I'd put the feelers out domestically first.

Guest ronan1506

Thanks fellas. Ya I have no interest in bodykits and huge wheels to be honest. Good idea, I will put out some feelers here first. One question, is the Tiptronic box the same as the auto? Is there 2 different auto options? Is the drive in an auto much less enjoyable compared to the6 speed?