The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Contemplating Import via DCY

Crossy

Hi guys,

I'm currently in early talks with DCY Europe about importing myself a MK4 Manual TT for a budget they have advised. I currently own an ST205 GT4 Celica, and am in 2 minds about selling that right now but that's another story!

Anyone had theirs imported via DCY Europe? Or similar?

I'd also be very tempted to use my budget on a trusted owners if anyone is currently looking to sell.

Hope you're all well 👍

JM Imports are a trader on here and in the same sort of area. Not heard of DCY myself so I'd perhaps try and see what marque they mainly do and seek advice from other forums?

Have you looked on "goonet" gives you an idea of prices over in Japan at present and an importer may even be able to buy a specific car you see on there?

Everything I've seen that they import looks spot on, obviously the underside would tell another story but they do seem like they're very highly rated for a reason!

Is there anything particular I should look out for when buying a Supra? As In I knew to look out for the Superstrut system being worn, and the damp footwells with the GT4.

Really hoping if I decide to go with importing they can find me a lot for the money with around 24K potentially going forwards. Have seen some on here sold within the last 4 months that have made me think twice, I'd have bitten people's hands off for what they were asking, especially the Zeus build that was purple for around 17K!

Appreciate all the info guys, thanks

When I find one, if it's within range of you so that you're not going out of your way to help me, I'd massively appreciate that. I imagine going through a Supra would be second nature to yourself and others here, whereas I can't say I've ever looked around one other than at Santa Pod etc.

If you don't mind I'll definitely be in touch once I do source one I'd like to view, even if you're just available via phone!

Thanks for that

When I find one, if it's within range of you so that you're not going out of your way to help me, I'd massively appreciate that. I imagine going through a Supra would be second nature to yourself and others here, whereas I can't say I've ever looked around one other than at Santa Pod etc.

If you don't mind I'll definitely be in touch once I do source one I'd like to view, even if you're just available via phone!

Thanks for that

That is fine with me mate, I'm sure many members here would do the exact same if the supra was local to them.

Just let me know