The mkiv Supra Owners Club

CCW Classics & a rainy day!

Chingy

For those lucky enough to have a set of CCW's sitting under their pride and joy, you will also know how unlucky you are with the amount of love and affection these wheels demand......So one rainy Saturday I thought I would kill some.....

Rear Wheel Before

Rear Wheel During

Rear After

Front Before

Front After

Great work!

I'd take it a step further Colin - I have had polished CCWs for the last 4 years and used to use just Poorboys Wheel Sealant. With my current wheels (LM5T (had Classics before)) I put on a Nanolex coating first and then have consequently put on the Poorboys Sealant - I've had much better results and only really require a hose down to completely clean the wheels.

Awesome job :)

Thanks buddy.

They look very nice. You need to get some sort of ceramic coating on them so it's easy to achieve every time!

Agreed, exploring the options but concerned it would ruin the finish.

Great job that like mate, I LOVE these wheels ! Really want a set on mine.....

Thanks mate, they have always been my favourite.

I’m glad I went black lol

Do look stunning when clean though

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171106/0656cd48e8da325669f7d13c83044bb1.jpg

/QUOTE]

Very smart in black

Great work!

I'd take it a step further Colin - I have had polished CCWs for the last 4 years and used to use just Poorboys Wheel Sealant. With my current wheels (LM5T (had Classics before)) I put on a Nanolex coating first and then have consequently put on the Poorboys Sealant - I've had much better results and only really require a hose down to completely clean the wheels.

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14670684_563202628653_4622632885346150925_n.jpg?oh=99bebfc1f67fe8cb0c445485b1a25033&oe=5AA9E428

James I have had a look the Nanolex range, which sealent did you use?

you must have a sore elbow by now for sure! epic result. What exact process did you go through if you dont mind me asking? Some idiot put an acid based cleaner on my polished wheels (Despite telling me it had no acid) The wheels have clouded up and gone milky in places. Only had had them refurbed a few months back, would like to get somewhere near this kind of shine back!

I’ve got a set on order. Yours look amazing, very interested to see what sealant works best...

/QUOTE]

Thanks mate, you won't be disappointed when they arrive. I think the drag pack looks awesome

you must have a sore elbow by now for sure! epic result. What exact process did you go through if you dont mind me asking? Some idiot put an acid based cleaner on my polished wheels (Despite telling me it had no acid) The wheels have clouded up and gone milky in places. Only had had them refurbed a few months back, would like to get somewhere near this kind of shine back!

Between 2-3hrs per a Wheel :blink:

In brief:

Applied metal polish and buffed by hand twice.

Then twice by machine.

Then three lots of Wheel sealent.

Now I am no expert but for yours I would think you would need to machine these if they have clouded?

Thanks mate, you won't be disappointed when they arrive. I think the drag pack looks awesome

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii39/chingy1981/IMG_7958.jpg

Between 2-3hrs per a Wheel :blink:

In brief:

Applied metal polish and buffed by hand twice.

Then twice by machine.

Then three lots of Wheel sealent.

Now I am no expert but for yours I would think you would need to machine these if they have clouded?

Is that what you have, with an 18" front and 17" rear? Agree, does look mean.

Such a badass car :cool:

Thanks mate, we still need a spirited drive out

Is that what you have, with an 18" front and 17" rear? Agree, does look mean.

That's right, 17" with 315/35/17 on the rear and 18" with 285/30/18 on the front, love the stance

Think its steve m's old car.

They come up awesome :)

Yes Steve's before mine and credit to him how well they where looked after

Great work Colin.

Cheers Luc...... 2 down, 2 to go :blink: