The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Plenty Supras in Japan

evinX

From all the talk recently youd think Japan had only a handful of supra left...a car show from this year, imagine how many there are parked up, in garages or for sale ontop

If i ever could, id have that Veilside/Abflug hybrid in light blue the S2 CURVE one :love:

Japs realise they are only a machine. Go wild have fun. Stop trying to keep a car oem to keep toyota 1993 happy. Because its way over rated and boring and means nothing.

Its 2017, you gona keep a casette player beacuse its oem? Or enjoy modern tech...usb...dvd...touchscreens. thats just 1 example

Japs realise they are only a machine. Go wild have fun. Stop trying to keep a car oem to keep toyota 1993 happy. Because its way over rated and boring and means nothing.

Its 2017, you gona keep a casette player beacuse its oem? Or enjoy modern tech...usb...dvd...touchscreens. thats just 1 example

True

I think if everyone of those was completely stock id get bored by the time I got to the 5th car lol

Though there are some very dated looks I must admit lol

• 2 weeks later...

From what I’m seeing in Japan , any of the normal U.K. popular Jap performance cars are virtually non existent in Japan , most people seldom use cars -, e bikes , scooters buses and trains by far outstrip cars .

Most cars are Parked up in tiny garages and parking spaces and seldom used .

The popular cars are tiny and much like postman pats van.

The cars here are all in very good condition , a mixture of low use , dry weather conditions and absolutely no DIY (

Everything is done in main dealers by the book) this along with a very high driving standard .

You can’t buy a car here without a parking place to park it and it’s expensive to park cars - this pretty much limits

Multicar ownership .

Yup correct, if you want a proper car you need to have proof of space to park it, so I suppose alot will be put in hiding for the sort of days that might keep them in shape.

The 'postman pat' cars you are talking about will be 'Kei' cars and don't follow the same rules but can only be a certain size and have a maximum 660cc engine I believe.

There are no rules governing turbo size and rev limit however. Hence crazy cars like the Suzuki Cappuccino Turbo revving to 11'000rpm :D