The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another what's it worth - NA-TT W58 BPU

Parm_93

Hi guys,

So as the title suggests, I'm struggling to find any real comparison for an NA5 to TT5 with BPU modifications, as these rarely come up for sale.

A quick overview of the car;

1994 J-Spec Pre-facelift in 199 Silver with W58 gearbox - Mileage currently around 96000 MILES not KM. Engine has around the same miles.

All major parts replaced upon conversion, i.e cambelt, water pump etc.

A01B LSD as standard

Facelift headlights/taillights/indicators

Leather front and rear seats

Rest of the body is stock apart from being debadged front and rear

BPU modifications and uprated clutch

Stock brake calipers refurbished with new discs/pads all round and braided lines

HKS silent hi-power exhaust system

Paintwork is I would say above average for it's age, but there is some rust coming underneath I have spotted recently, mostly near the rear of the outer jacking sills and lower control arms, and what looks like a previous brake fluid leak has eaten away at the paint on the brake servo.

Just looking for a rough bracket of where this should be priced should I decide to sell soon. [emoji4]

Thanks,

Parm

Edited by Parm_93 (see edit history)

Need pictures really but I'd say around £13k

Will get some pics uploaded once it's ready for sale mate.

TBH it's has more value than I thought, seeing as NA5's are around 5-7k? now (correct me if I'm wrong), I didn't think a TT engine would add much value.

I was assuming around £8-10k.

It is difficult to price but i would value a mint NA5 at 8k.. maybe 9k for an exceptional example.. then with the going rate of a TT conversion at probably 4k.

I dont know tbh lol. Theres no guidelines anymore. The price variations are so huge now that its difficult to price anything let alone a conversion car

I would say around 8-9k. Maybe 10k if the car is immaculate and the suspension dosen't feel like its 20 years old.

Biggest thing holding it back from getting more money is the W58 in my opinion. Whilst they are a very nice smooth box, the reliability when you start sticking boost through them is always a potential timebomb.