The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advice needed- MAPPING IN SOUTHWEST

Crash Bandicoot

Don't Whifbitz have a garage in South Wales?

Yes we do!

- - - Updated - - -

Needing advice:

About to fit my HKS T04Z single turbo kit,

What options do I have mapping wise near Plymouth? Does anyone have any good experience with mapping in the southwest?

Or am I going to have to bite the bullet and get up to SRD or Whifbitz?

TIA

What ecu do you have fitted?

Gaz, I’m agreeing with you for sure, but just wondered if there is anyone closer by that also comes highly recommended? Ideally (as everyone does) looking to keep costs down, and the added cost of having the car transported to a long distance mapper would be something I’d rather not have to add to the growing list of overall expenses with the build.

Hi Paul, I’ve not yet bought an ecu, injectors or pump for the time being as I know mappers like to recommend dependant on their capablilites and experience. I don’t think im ready to bite the bullet quite yet and go syveccs for the dread of the amount that would come out of my bank account. I’ve heard good things about the link ecu’s... but these are things I’ll have to discuss with a mapper once I’ve settled on one :)

Gaz, I’m agreeing with you for sure, but just wondered if there is anyone closer by that also comes highly recommended? Ideally (as everyone does) looking to keep costs down, and the added cost of having the car transported to a long distance mapper would be something I’d rather not have to add to the growing list of overall expenses with the build.

Completely get what you mean, but frankly the mapping of your car is the singlemost important aspect of enjoying a single build. You don't want to worry about the car starting or detonating every time you switch it on.

Personally I'd rather go for secondhand mechanical parts than use a sub-par ECU and/or mapper. I know you're saying Syvecs is expensive, but if its oil pressure sensors do their job just once then you've already saved an engine rebuild. Doesn't look expensive at all then! :)

Hi Paul, I’ve not yet bought an ecu, injectors or pump for the time being as I know mappers like to recommend dependant on their capablilites and experience. I don’t think im ready to bite the bullet quite yet and go syveccs for the dread of the amount that would come out of my bank account. I’ve heard good things about the link ecu’s... but these are things I’ll have to discuss with a mapper once I’ve settled on one :)

We can map Link or Syvecs, Link is cheaper but not by a huge amount by the time you add map sensor, wideband, etc just like you do when fitting a Syvecs.

Is your car a manual?