The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK Spec to J spec TT propshafts

ShawnPreece

Are these different? I know the UK goes to a large case diff as apposed to a j spec TT going to a small case diff but are they the same?

Only asking as I have my UK spec propshaft for sale and when I was asking about what price to put it up for originally I was told by a very respectable trader that it would be around 300-350 as they had been sold for this previously but I hadn't had no offers (didnt expect any immediate interest as I know it would be a part that would only be needed very occasionally) but been chatting to a member who is after a j spec TT one they said they had been offered one for £90.

Just wondering if my pricing is way off as I want to be fair or if my pricing is ok and the UK spec is different?

My for sale thread is here

Homer

07-06-08, 22:44

Was the UK diff from an auto or a manual car?

As far as I'ver found the auto diffs on the TT's are all the same in terms of housing, only the the 6spd diffs have the larger casing (and hence different drive shafts and prop)

Homer, one of our Super Mods, wrote that there is a difference. Why don't you PM him to find out more?

• 2 weeks later...

The only difference I know of, at the diff end, is in the 3 bolt companion flange. There are 6 holes in the coupling donut, which make two triangle formations by 2 sets of 3 bolt holes.

These hole centres will either be 90mm or 100mm. Respectively, the 90mm hole centres are with a 25mm thick donut, and the 100mm are a 30mm thick donut.

I don't think it matters what diff it is, but more about what companion flange it is.

My auto prop has the larger 30mm thick donut, with 100mm bolt hole centres, and have a small case diff. Oddly, I've seen a big case diff with the smaller flange, which is akin to the na prop

The only difference I know of, at the diff end, is in the 3 bolt companion flange. There are 6 holes in the coupling donut, which make two triangle formations by 2 sets of 3 bolt holes.

These hole centres will either be 90mm or 100mm. Respectively, the 90mm hole centres are with a 25mm thick donut, and the 100mm are a 30mm thick donut.

I don't think it matters what diff it is, but more about what companion flange it is.

My auto prop has the larger 30mm thick donut, with 100mm bolt hole centres, and have a small case diff. Oddly, I've seen a big case diff with the smaller flange, which is akin to the na prop

/QUOTE]

Thankyou for the info mate much appreciated :)