The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rejoined member

Max5437

Just a little post as have a few questions?

1st, I was a member for 3 years but was never able to get in contact with anyone about having a lifetime membership (hence my membership lapsing) who do I need to contact in regard to this?

Unfortunately since my membership lapsed the Supra is dead for lack of a better term. Headgasket/possible crack and am now after finding myself in stable employment at a “proper” job am hoping to either fix or upgrade in the term of a proper TT conversion.

Does anyone happen to know the going rate for a TT lump and gearbox and the associated other bits?

Another weird request But is anyone aware of anyone who could do this kind of work on finance? (If not considering getting a loan to get this up and running) - this is primarily due to the fact I’m now in a position to afford it but am also desperate to have it back on the road as having it unmoved for the past year every day on the drive has been rather soul destroying and would love it back for shows next year! (Instead of spending a year saving) Plus I’m 22 next month and want to enjoy it before I have to be a “proper adult” and focus on a mortgage ect

Just a little pic, this was my daily and current money pit as I know some of you will appreciate it imageimageimage

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated :)

Contact “Steve” red admin he’s the only red mod ive seen on for a while

TT conversion would depend on if you wanted tt auto, tt6 manual.

Cost of a tt6 engine and box would be around 8-9k, tt auto around 3-4k

Regarding finance iirc whifbitz offer it on parts so might be worth throwing Paul a message other than that a loan would probably be a lower rate if you a half decent credit rating

Thanks I’ll give him a PM tonight!

More than happy to stay TT auto especially at the moment so thanks as that’s a better price that I was imagining !

Will drop them an email, thanks for the recommendation, yeah credit rating to the best of my knowledge is fine (never not paid off each month in full since I turned 18 on all cards ect)

Just want to try and work out my options both with the car Itself and financially too :)

Thanks for your help

Good luck - nice Celica btw, must be great fun with 4wd etc. It's an itch I need to scratch at somepoint.

Thank you and yeah it’s great fun and the 4WD system i love it, in some ways similar and in other it’s a Completely different car.

Would recommend owning one but aren’t without their big bills for some parts sadly and chasing power is very expensive from what I can gather

Try Whifbitz or if you have a good credit rating some 0% interest credit cards. I know Barclaycard like to give out high credit limits, Virgin Money aren't too bad either

Spoke to whifbitz and as id need to purchase the parts I’d need to borrow some money so that idea is put to bed unfortunately.

Yeah hoping to do it via Barclaycard, been offered some pretty good deals by them from what Iv been looking into (plus have had a card with them for 4 years next month)

Thank you :)

Just my 2p's worth if your now in a more financialy stable position why not just wait a few months save hard then do the work. Why stick yourself with a load of debt if not a necessity to do so.

If your set on the idea my aa credit card is great with 0% interest to pay. Or look into a bank loan

Just my 2p's worth if your now in a more financialy stable position why not just wait a few months save hard then do the work. Why stick yourself with a load of debt if not a necessity to do so.

If your set on the idea my aa credit card is great with 0% interest to pay. Or look into a bank loan

/QUOTE]

Yeah that’s more than fair enough, It’s more a case of if it’s going to take me let’s say a year to save the funds or I can borrow the money interest free for a year with a 2%-3% initial fee (Iv checked and that’s what I’m being offered)

I’d much rather enjoy the car for another year and stomach the cost of the 2/3% instead of having it sat on the driveway unmoved for another year.

Plus if I can get a loan of around the same but for let’s say 18 months to 2 years it would then give me the option to both pay back early but also give me a little bit extra in my bank to put aside with in regard to anything going wrong with any of the cars then having a chunk of money I can dip into if required.

Cheers that’s just my mind set currently

Buy on one card then balance transfer after a month to a 0% offer, just dont add to it or miss a payment, or invalidates the offer.

Thanks was considering this as one option or a loan over a slightly longer period to allow for any maintenance more comfortably if needed