The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Autotrader

Scooter

Just looking on autotrader and it would seem £20K is the new starting price for any TT's! :blink:

I know it's only asking prices and a temporary thing but some big asks in the small selection, also makes you wonder what the current low price is where one would be snapped up very quickly.

Even i'm starting to believe they will stay high, I'm just wondering if the buyers will keep coming? Some old cars have gone crazy of late, 205 gti's, Lancia delta integrales etc so maybe it's possible? Supply is certainly limited and as can be seen from the posters here, they aren't so keen to sell and can hold on knowing they will probably even gain from holding on and enjoying the

car a little longer, so a win win.

There are still Supra’s out there for around the £15k mark for a TT6, you just have to look harder and be more patient than everyone else.

Scooter I think you’re right when you say that owners don’t feel the need to sell, as the way things have been going, they’re not standing to loose out.

With regards to the Manual TT’s (NA6), the price of the V16* is crazy and you might see a few projects pop up in the years to come as replacing the box might be more outlay than the owner may wish to spend. differentials are becoming more scarce also, with large case diffs selling for £1k easily.

Yep parts have shot up too I agree, I remember your car when I went to see it and baulked at the price then (I don't feel bad and am glad someone here got it) as I certainly didn't see the rise coming to anything like the level it has. Not only are we not standing to lose out but unlike before we know/think it will cost us more to get back in if we wanted too later on.

There are still Supra’s out there for around the £15k mark for a TT6, you just have to look harder and be more patient than everyone else.

Scooter I think you’re right when you say that owners don’t feel the need to sell, as the way things have been going, they’re not standing to loose out.

With regards to the Manual TT’s (NA6), the price of the V16* is crazy and you might see a few projects pop up in the years to come as replacing the box might be more outlay than the owner may wish to spend. differentials are becoming more scarce also, with large case diffs selling for £1k easily.

£15k would only buy a real ratter TT6 nowadays. I recall a barn find on ebay that wasnt far off that money.

The cars will be at or around £50k by 2025 so £20k has the potential for a nice investment. For those not into selling it just means more expensive parts and more expensive insurance cover.

I'd have thought only pristine ones that are proven rot free will sell for anything like that money

I'd have thought only pristine ones that are proven rot free will sell for anything like that money

Where pristine ones go, the rest tend to follow. There was a stock 14k miler listed at auction in the US this year with a sales price of $125k which reportedly got a bid of $95k. The £50k Supra is already here, in pristine form in the USA and Japan. I expect they will be somewhere else, price wise by 2025, way beyond £50k.

Edited by rider (see edit history)

Where pristine ones go, the rest tend to follow. There was a stock 14k miler listed at auction in the US this year with a sales price of $125k which reportedly got a bid of $95k. The £50k Supra is already here, in pristine form in the USA and Japan. I expect they will be somewhere else, price wise by 2025, way beyond £50k.

Good to hear, about time the Supra got some financial appreciation too.

I'm yet again flabbergasted by owners seemingly hell bent on devaluing their own vehicles.

Good to hear, about time the Supra got some financial appreciation too.

I'm yet again flabbergasted by owners seemingly hell bent on devaluing their own vehicles.

I'm not hell bent but I was happier when they were cheaper. If you don't want to sell then it can make things worse.

Used parts price have increased massively

If the worst happens insurance values are out of whack to reality ie you'll be unlikely to be able to get a replacement with out costing you thousands

Theft risk has/will rise.

But it helps justify on going maintenance for sure and nearly all of us will sell at some point so in that long term sense it's nice.

I'm not hell bent but I was happier when they were cheaper. If you don't want to sell then it can make things worse.

Used parts price have increased massively

If the worst happens insurance values are out of whack to reality ie you'll be unlikely to be able to get a replacement with out costing you thousands

Theft risk has/will rise.

But it helps justify on going maintenance for sure and nearly all of us will sell at some point so in that long term sense it's nice.

Yep, agree with all that.

Wasn't necessarily pointed at you - just seems to be a general trend around here at the moment. Anyone that dares to suggest a Supra is worth more money people are shooting them down. Very odd behaviour IMHO.