The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2nd TT cat

rider

I've got one mate but the heat shield has been cut off.

/QUOTE]

Why would anyone cut off the heat shield? Mine has some significant gaps where it used to be but I'm sure that's speed humps tearing bits off. Was looking for an intact one to store as a spare as there is nothing wrong with my one other than its a bit ragged underneath on the heat shield. Mac is sorting me out a price and pics today so may be sorted?

Macs is a facelift cat which is in excellent condition and I can recommend anyone looking for one to go to him first. Unfortunately for me, according to a previous discussion on this site the facelift and pre facelift cats have slightly different angles such that the exhaust heads off pointing to the n/s wheel if I were to fit a facelift 2nd cat; meaning you cannot interchange the parts.

So if anyone has a good condition pre-facelift TT 2nd cat sitting around after a decat, do feel free to let me know.

Yep the only difference in the pre and post facelift 2nd cat's are the innards. Inside a prefacelift is a complete honeycomb of cat material, facelifts have a strange, more straight through one, cheaper I believe too.

Much cheaper, the facelift cats were new a little over 1/4 of the price so must use less precious metals. I wish I'd kept the link to the former thread that said if you use a facelift cat the exhaust heads off to the rear wheel.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.