The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK Mkiv Storm Blue ‘barn find’ shell on eBay - anyone know it?

Guest Rsb

The mileage will be on the odo in the dash. I'm not interested in it for myself, but I'm also curious as to what it goes for. Doesn't say if it used to be a manual or auto - I suppose it doesn't make much difference now, unless there are small differences in the transmission tunnel dimensions.

The mileage will be on the odo in the dash. I'm not interested in it for myself, but I'm also curious as to what it goes for. Doesn't say if it used to be a manual or auto - I suppose it doesn't make much difference now, unless there are small differences in the transmission tunnel dimensions.

Looks like the clutch master cylinder/reservoir has been removed so was a 6 speed

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Yeah there definitely used to be a clutch master cylinder there.

And it was mot'd til just over a year ago so it's hardly a "barn find"

Looks like someone had a tatty car, started breaking it and sold the expensive bits

Judging by the missing master cylinder and gear stick surround I doubt there's a diff in it

At a guess they probably looked at the mot history for N353 HEX.

Ha, hadn't thought of that:banghead:

No engine or gearbox or brakes. This car was a perfect running car, engine and box was removed.

Cannot see how it was a perfect runner is in any way relevant when the car has no running gear. Some sellers write the strangest things. Mind you, a rust free UK shell has got to be a big bonus. I suspect from the box of bolts and 'neatness' of the engine bay with intact loom they have stripped the car and moved the big ticket items on. Looks like it could be the high mileage by the seaside auto that was for sale in N Wales last year.

Seems it was MOT’d a few years ago, albeit with a fair few advisories so barn find seems odd with it being stripped. As others have said, stolen (and perhaps not recovered until now) most likely. Sad to see another UK car no longer on the road.

Hhhhhooooooo so sad to see my mates old car like this :(:(:(:(

This was zeca’s old car was a uk auto but was converted to 6 speed manual glass headlights 18” racing harts heated leather etc

If I could find how to post pics I would as I try and never works

Was this listed for sale couple years ago to this forum (car had a rebuilt engine and 18" Racing Hart CR wheels)?

Hhhhhooooooo so sad to see my mates old car like this :(:(:(:(

This was zeca’s old car was a uk auto but was converted to 6 speed manual glass headlights 18” racing harts heated leather etc

If I could find how to post pics I would as I try and never works

Do you know what happened to it? Take it he sold it? As you say, very sad. Sounds like he did a lot of work on it.

Hi guys yes he did lots to it and spent a lot on good names hks greedy etc

for the engine he as far as I can remember had it with bigger injectors, fuel pump, hks fmic, hks cams, pulleys, uk turbos, hks piggy back ecu, hks fuel cut defender and more was never dynoed but guessing 400-430bhp as was nippy!! plus uk bigger breaks with braided lines and Chris Wilson pads all round hks exhaust decats etc interior was pretty standard as he liked the look so the bodge pod was definitely not him

He had it some time but had to sell as he lost house,business,other half etc think that was in 2012 so he will be spitting glass when I show him this :(

As for being for sale on here I have no idea matey as it was sold to a older bloke up north and never see it again till now so maybe he was on here or someone afterwards?

I agree sad to see but I remember loads of UK cars in the scrap yards 15 years ago and nobody batted an eye lid infact a yard in Dewsbury had 4 uks at the same time!

The drivers seat looks extremely saggy and worn for 100k.

I wonder what it is worth as a rolling shell? plus does it make it more valuable being a UK car if it was a jdm car I don't think there would be that amount of interest.