The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Finally!! Got a mkiv, but.................

carmasupra

Hey guys, its been a long time since I've posted on here so firstly. Hello again :D

For the past few years I have been heavily into my jzz30 Soarers which are awesome cars. I did however manage to bag myself a few months ago a Mkiv Supra which has always been my dream. My plan was (after I find another unit to work in) to completely strip and restore the Supra back to a mint clean car.

Unfortunately 2 weeks ago I had a major accident on the motorway writing off my mint 99 vvti manual soarer in the process, so have had to put the supra on the Rd prematurely. Here is the big but lol. it currently has a 1uz v8 conversion, which absolutely sucks massive ba**s! with the insurance pay out my plan is to go 2j vvti and R154 manual.

I understand it was someone on here who did the wiring on it, so I'll be doing a bit of digging to try and find out who it was to see what I am going to be faced with to get the vvti wired in. If I can get half an idea on whats been done it'll be half the battle. If this rings a bell to anyone I'd be delighted if they could shed some light.

Anyway I'm sure I'll get there regardless. Just a bit of back ground on my situation if anyone is interested :p here are some pics of my once was soarer and the new love of my life :D Ok supra pics won't upload due to size of file I'll try and post them again differently.

IMG-20171019-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20171019-WA0017.jpg

IMG-20171019-WA0010.jpg

If you can get an uncut dash loom from another vvti supra you'll be sorted. I assume the plugs have been cut off at the ecu and soldered on to 1uz ecu plugs. IIRC there will also be the 2 big plugs under the fuse box that'll be cut if its got a 1uz in it. Apart from that not much else wiring wise should have been altered. If the speedo works it'll have an mr2 speedo head in the cluster easier to just pick up another cluster.

Look in the 1uz coversion group on here theres a register.

Hope this helps :thumbs:

Edited by Scott-tt (see edit history)

Yeh totally cheers for the replies guys the car came from Edinburgh and I'm sure the conversion was done in 2014. If I could get these pics to upload that would maybe help too lol.

I know for sure a guy from the forum came up and did the wiring I'll just need to try and find some posts on it.

If you can get an uncut dash loom from another vvti supra you'll be sorted. I assume the plugs have been cut off at the ecu and soldered on to 1uz ecu plugs. IIRC there will also be the 2 big plugs under the fuse box that'll be cut if its got a 1uz in it. Apart from that not much else wiring wise should have been altered. If the speedo works it'll have an mr2 speedo head in the cluster easier to just pick up another cluster

Thanks dude that's awesome. Sorry just realised you said full loom yeh that would be awesome but i doubt I'd find a supra vvti loom. Easily

Thats the second vvti soarer written off this year , the only good news about that ,is we are now down to 11 left and at that rate, of 2 a year I will have the only one left in UK in 5 years !!!

Is it worth all the aggro of converting a converted car? surely a twin turbo fit onto the exhaust tail pipework would be much easier and use what you have got

I know and it was such a beautiful car and only 88,000 on the clock most of which was km never been so gutted. As for the supra. It will never be the right car for me untill it's got the correct engine in it lol. I'm not even a fan of the V8 in the soarer never mind a supra so it's either sell it or swap it for another or convert it