The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nec, Birmingham - Lancaster Classic Car Show 10-12 November 2017

Jak jak

The club is exhibiting again for the 4th Year at the Lancaster Classic Car Show. There is a discount code available to members in the thread http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?344314-Discount-code-Lancaster-Insurance-Classic-Motor-Show-with-Discovery-at-NEC.

This year we are in Hall 5, near the entrance, with the rest of the Jap cars. We are showing 4 cars, 2 VVTI as near to stock as possible in Black and RSP, 1 slightly modified White TT and 1 Gun metal Grey Aerotop single conversion with a 7 speed BMW Gearbox.

Would be good if you could come down and visit us. We also have Wile Coyote (Darren) and Rob UK, supporting the Sporting Bears by giving passenger dream rides for a donation to charity. We are planning to raffle off a free passenger ride to one lucky visitor per day in one of our Sporting Bear Supra's.

We even have SUPRA balloons to hand out to our younger visitors and of course the customary HARIBO!! We may even get a visit from our friend THE STIG.

It is a massive show and is worth a visit if you have never been, will take most of the day to walk around. There is every car from Rolls Royce, GT40's, Ferrarri's to Hillman Imps and Morris Minors..... Also a classic Motor Bike section too.

Cheers

Ian & Jackie

I really enjoyed meeting everyone on Saturday, although I'm concerned I came across a little too enthusiastic about Supras! :taped: Thanks to Rob for taking me out in his lovely car as part of the Sporting Bears stand, what a great experience and way to give to charity in the process! :D

Despite the club stand being very busy I managed to get a few quick pictures.

attachment.php?attachmentid=223703&stc=1&d=1510592416

attachment.php?attachmentid=223705&stc=1&d=1510592565

attachment.php?attachmentid=223704&stc=1&d=1510592493

attachment.php?attachmentid=223701&stc=1&d=1510592328

attachment.php?attachmentid=223702&stc=1&d=1510592349

DSC_0310a.jpg

DSC_0312a.jpg

DSC_0318a.jpg

DSC_0323a.jpg

DSC_0325b.jpg

I really enjoyed meeting everyone on Saturday, although I'm concerned I came across a little too enthusiastic about Supras! :taped: Thanks to Rob for taking me out in his lovely car as part of the Sporting Bears stand, what a great experience and way to give to charity in the process! :D

Despite the club stand being very busy I managed to get a few quick pictures.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=223703&stc=1&d=1510592416

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=223705&stc=1&d=1510592565

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=223704&stc=1&d=1510592493

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=223701&stc=1&d=1510592328

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=223702&stc=1&d=1510592349

Glad you enjoyed the show! Always a pleasure to take people out!

Well that was a change from the usual events I attend. Very tiring, the guys who did all 4 days must be broken!!

Stand looked amazing and there was lots of interest (and some hate!!) for the Supras.

Any new members that joined after meeting us at the show, say hi!

Where did the hate come from?...:search::boxing::twak:

You won't get any complaints from us about enthusiasm!!

- - - Updated - - -

Where did the hate come from?...:search::boxing::twak:

"That's not a classic"

"Wouldn't be seen dead in a Jap car"

LOLz

You won't get any complaints from us about enthusiasm!!

- - - Updated - - -

"Wouldn't be seen dead in a Jap car"

LOLz

Guarantee these people were Ford owners.

Even though the some Ford owners like Jap cars there are a few that have that hate like how you get with with 'Import vs American Muscle'

Great stand and pictures :thumbs:

Guarantee these people were Ford owners.

Even though the some Ford owners like Jap cars there are a few that have that hate like how you get with with 'Import vs American Muscle'

Great stand and pictures :thumbs:

When I worked the stand last year it was the Porshe owners, located close by in the next hall, who were the snooty crowd when they strolled by. I have had loads of Fords and still have one, I've never felt or noticed the conflict with Jap you mention. I think all cars are interesting, apart from BMW's [GRIN][/GRIN].

We had a fantastic day Saturday.

Was great to see the Supra's and meet other club members on the stand. And a special thanks to Lee who took the time to show us round his car giving us some great tips.

Congrats to all involved for putting on a great stand.

Regards

Paul

That's OK. Last year I pretty much told them their Porsches were an overpriced branding exercise whilst comparing a Boxster to an MX5.

I took. I must admit, a slight degree in satisfaction in recalling an actual incident and the last time I saw an air cooled 911 being driven on the road, well it'd actually just left the road going backward through a fence 15 yards after exiting a roundabout on the Shrewsbury inner ring road. Said that had never happened to me.