The mkiv Supra Owners Club

PHR Log manifold

fastcar

I have one on mine with my PHR turbo kit

How do you rate it? Did you buy the street torque kit or just the manifold and down pipe? How's the spool up and what sort of torque figures are you getting bud?

I went with the SPA log manifold as I felt it was a much better design

Interesting! What was it about the design that made you choose SPA over the PHR?

Mines perfect

I have the street torque kit yer with the 6266 which is currently 620hp and 575lbs/ft

I have the larger 1.00A/R housing on my turbo and spool is still awesome full boost by around 3500rpm roughly

I read they have had 800hp out of their log manifold before it started to become restrictive which is why I chose it over a tubular

Mines perfect

I have the street torque kit yer with the 6266 which is currently 620hp and 575lbs/ft

I have the larger 1.00A/R housing on my turbo and spool is still awesome full boost by around 3500rpm roughly

I read they have had 800hp out of their log manifold before it started to become restrictive which is why I chose it over a tubular

Sounds spot on for my goals. Do you mind me asking what size injectors and ECU you are running?

Sounds spot on for my goals. Do you mind me asking what size injectors and ECU you are running?

I have I.D1000 injectors and a Link G4+

I absolutely love it to be fair, in the dry I can get full traction in every gear and that’s with the link traction control off

Perfect street setup in my opinion

I have heard good things about the PHR log manifolds. They machine out the wastegate port more than the cheaper copies to aid the prevention of boost spiking - something they initially suffered with.

The street torque kit uses a pt6266 and a pw46.

I was going to buy one untill i found a tubular VWR manifold that i bought.

Regarding the sound from a log manifold, i have heard people say they sound a bit V6 like... particularly the whifbitz ones.

Sound wise I haven’t really had anything to compare it to so I can’t comment on it VS a tubular

But in my opinion it sounds epic, and definitely doesn’t sound like a V6 that’s for sure

I’ll be running at pod on Saturday

I think you can now order any size precision turbo with the street torque kit up to a 6870 size and they will adjust wastegate size to suit

I had the choice of a 62, 64 or 67

Sound wise I haven’t really had anything to compare it to so I can’t comment on it VS a tubular

But in my opinion it sounds epic, and definitely doesn’t sound like a V6 that’s for sure

I’ll be running at pod on Saturday

I think you can now order any size precision turbo with the street torque kit up to a 6870 size and they will adjust wastegate size to suit

I had the choice of a 62, 64 or 67

I'll be at Pod too so will catch up with you and get a listen to it :thumbs:

I got the same manifold as berg, I did my single conversion 2 years ago. I'm running a borg warner s362 1.0 ar

It sounds epic, like a jet on boost, although that's down to the screamer pipe! Full boost circa 3500rpm, and pulls all the way to the red line.

The only thing I prefer with the spa manifold, is that the wastegate is placed on top, rather than underneath (from memory). This would make accessing it much easier

Here's how my turbo sits in the bay

imageimage

I've got the PHR Street Torque kit too and had all the parts painted and the turbo polished in the US before shipping.

If anyone is buying just the manifold and wants the PHR 3" downpipe mine will be coming off very early next year as I've had a 3.5" downpipe and midpipe made, just need to get rest of exhaust made.

I have I.D1000 injectors and a Link G4+

I absolutely love it to be fair, in the dry I can get full traction in every gear and that’s with the link traction control off

Perfect street setup in my opinion

Thanks fella sounds like just what I need. Been hearing good things about the link ECU's also. Out of interest who did you get to do the mapping?

I've got the PHR Street Torque kit too and had all the parts painted and the turbo polished in the US before shipping.

If anyone is buying just the manifold and wants the PHR 3" downpipe mine will be coming off very early next year as I've had a 3.5" downpipe and midpipe made, just need to get rest of exhaust made.

I might take that downpipe mate.