The mkiv Supra Owners Club

There is something wrong here - in Toyota World

rider

I ordered a long full run of the car fuel pipe from SM at Toyota Oxford. Came with a crush on it so its being replaced. While at that I asked SM to get me the second full run tank to cannister pipe. SM tells me its been curved in transit, presumably to fit an undersized delivery van, would I take it. I said no because these pipes are pretty hard to bend so there is no way back for it. Today SM says, via email, he can bend it by hand will I take it. I'm flabbergasted!

I have ordered loads of things in for my Mustang from various US suppliers, some heavy parts, some delicate parts and some odd shaped parts. They have all been well packaged and arrived looking new. So far I've spent over £2k with Toyota Oxford and I've had a bashed fuel tank guard, rusty suspension arms and now being pushed to take bent pipes. Fuk me, whats going on?

Edited by rider (see edit history)

Toyota HQ wont be happy to hear these kind of things. Ive had a few damaged parts come through at my local T. Bent bumper and damaged tabs on mouldings. Refused to take them and they replaced them. Toyota have to do damage reports on faulty parts. This may be why SM is trying to flog them off? Never accept faulty new parts. Never its not Toyotas policy to sell them.

You don't seem to be having much luck with Amayama or SM @ Toyota. What are you local guys like? What about TCB?

Trying to get a discount is from my local Mr T is akin to getting blood from a stone. Sometimes it's nothing, others 5% and if I am very lucky it's 10%. They claim their prices are set by Toyota and that they don't make a lot on parts, unlike other brands.

You don't seem to be having much luck with Amayama or SM @ Toyota. What are you local guys like? What about TCB?

I've spent over £4k on Mr T parts for the refurb from Toyota Oxford (£2k), Amayama (£1k) and TCB (£1.5k) and its not been a seamless enjoyable buying experience in any way. None are perfect from dropped orders with Amayama to small fill in orders given what seems low priority from the others. Even though the small orders are the small bits you missed following on from pretty big orders or things that crop up as you get into the teardown following pretty big orders. Its inconvenient because when you are into something is when you need the quick turn around to keep progress on track. Sometimes it can take over a week to just get a quote.

I think I'm at the end of the buying process, thank god. That'll be it for the Supra as I've got a couple of mechanical things to do on other cars already planned for next year that are going to take the toys budget to the limit.