The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fluid from back wheel

Fulcrum2000

Hi All

I've now had my Supe underbody restored by RustBusters at Spalding who are supposed to be the best in the country, and let me tell you it is superb, anyone needing this and wanting info just ask. But today whenever I go over a bump with my passenger rear wheel it BANGS and I notice a certain amount of fluid leaking. I am assuming a shock absorber has gone and the mechanic is booked in to look, but if it is knackered, whats a good 'upgrade' for a Mark IV or is it worth just putting factory back on? Do you change shocks and springs at the same time when upgrading and do you have to do front and rear? Any advice would be good as while the Supe is my favourite car of all time if there's anything I could do to increase rear end grip I would seriously consider dusting off the wallet!

Do both shocks to keep the car level at the back. Springs can be kept. Ask your mechanic to check their conditon. Also check your bump stops and insulators as they may need replacing. You can go fot the oem replacement...KYB (kayaba) or optional extra replacement...Bilsteins

Ive had the shocks inspected, one is shot and the other is leaking, I assume at some point I hit something big and the 24 year old shocker just bought the farm. Ive opted for a set of Teins as after a huge amount of research they have the best feedback for Supes it seems, plus they have the Active pro I can fit later when my wallet is recovered from the cardiac arrest its suffering right now..... Anyone know what height the Teins need to be to be optimal on 18s? I dont actually want the car to be any lower particularly so normal ride height specs would be super handy

Ive had the shocks inspected, one is shot and the other is leaking, I assume at some point I hit something big and the 24 year old shocker just bought the farm. Ive opted for a set of Teins as after a huge amount of research they have the best feedback for Supes it seems, plus they have the Active pro I can fit later when my wallet is recovered from the cardiac arrest its suffering right now..... Anyone know what height the Teins need to be to be optimal on 18s? I dont actually want the car to be any lower particularly so normal ride height specs would be super handy

Teins actually have a reputation to leak. And cant get uk sercive iirc. Would probably be better of going BC coilovers as alot seem to

I agree there are some decent kits out there I guess its what you want from your car though. I have little kids and want a comfy ride at the touch of a button or the sportiest setting possible when alone so no other setup offers this that I could find. Its not cheap but worth it for my situation