The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA-t intercooler options

ben_harmer32

I'd fit a side mount but didn't the f&f car have a front mount

Yeah it did, well hero car did anyway! Other's in the film were N/A lol

Front mounted mate. I had the side mount but changed to front looks better also .

I do see people looking for it all the time at shows.

I'm NA-t and run the FMIC. Easy to install; i'd go Front also covers you for future increase in power... do a little reading about 2.5" or 3" intercooling pipe work also.

Think i'll go front then, just worried about cutting the bumper as would ruin my sticker placement lol.

I'll have a hunt for pipe work size, thank you!

Stock will require the stock or stock type pipework, the duct, some clips and brackets and bolts, and a TT type inner wing liner with vents. A front mount should come as a kit as far as mounting goes, and you should be able to buy a dedicated pipe kit for it, too. But a front mount means no active spolier, less air flow to the water rad and A/C rad, and the loss of the duct for the 2 rads. This can impact water cooling and A/C efficiency considerably of course. Many front mounts end up with a third of the cooling area behind bodywork and just along for the ride with no real air flow. SMIC is incredibly efficient due to proper ducting and a high / low pressure gradient for the ram effect.