The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rear Calipers

T.Cassell

They are almost certainly the single piston ones yes? If so they are easy to refurb and you can get a replacement piston (stainless if you like) if yours are pitted/rusty.

I think they are very expensive brand new, used ones are quite common but probably need a refurb too, but can be worth having a spare set as you can then refurb at your leisure and have spares if one semi seizes again.

There are some ones normally on ebay that are refurbished professionally and you can send yours in for a discount against them. Britweg or something

Thanks. I think I won't make Suprapod if I wait till the states delivery. I have a garage do all my work I just get the parts. I took my car in today so want to get some to them quick. I do use it as an everyday car too so need it back. I'll look into the refurbished ones. Last time I bought refurbs for the front they didn’t last long and they were 300 for both. So I bought new for about the same price last year.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-SUPRA-JZA80-OFFSIDE-REAR-CALIPER-/122746115178?hash=item1c943d146a:g:8RYAAOxy1RZSZN23

these would seem a good bet, just be mindful that these don't include the carrier with the sliders in (compare to the american link/pic and you'll see the part i mean) ie if those are the bits that are currently seized and not the piston itself then it won't solve your problem.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-SUPRA-JZA80-OFFSIDE-REAR-CALIPER-/122746115178?hash=item1c943d146a:g:8RYAAOxy1RZSZN23

these would seem a good bet, just be mindful that these don't include the carrier with the sliders in (compare to the american link/pic and you'll see the part i mean) ie if those are the bits that are currently seized and not the piston itself then it won't solve your problem.

Great I'll give the garage a call at 8.30am to see what's the deal on them.

Thanks all Tony from Biggred thinks it would be tight but if I could get them up to him by Friday he'd refurbish them and try and get them back by next Thursday. This would be great service.

I have now confirmed that the 1 on ebay is the correct type and should arrive here by Friday... can't miss the Suprapod.

Now I need a front nearside drumstick.