The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Road tyres 2017

moonstone

Hi guys,

In a few weeks my Work wheels arrive and I will need some tyres for next season. The car will be driven when the sky is blue and the sun is shining and is stored away in the colder months :cool:. So I'm looking at a summer tyre, with decent/good wet performance.

Currently I have some Toyo t1-s which are surprisingly good on the stock wheels, however I've always driven on Continentals or Michelins with my other cars. Pretty open minded in this case, and curious about other brands:

- Continental

- Michelin

- Vredestein

- Bridgestone

- Toyo

New wheel sizes: 19x9.5 and 19x11. Tyre sizes I'm looking into: 265/30-19 and 295/30-19.

Car is a healthy stock TT.

Any recommendations?

The MPS4 and Vredestein Ultra Vorti get very similar reviews but the Vreds are quite a bit cheaper.

I've just bought a set of Vortis to go on a BMW so will see how they fair in the near future

Yes I've noticed that too. I might give the Vredesteins a try.

What about the Bridgestone Potenza RE050A?

Yes I've noticed that too. I might give the Vredesteins a try.

What about the Bridgestone Potenza RE050A?

Reviews aren't as good as VUV or the MPS4'S http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Bridgestone/Potenza-RE050A.htm

They've been updated by the S001 but still the reviews aren't up there with the vortis or mp4s http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Bridgestone/Potenza-S001.htm

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)