The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Made my decision

Vaughany

A couple of weeks ago I posted thread called "BHP on Hybrids" the thread got alot of views and some interesting replies. I asked what BHP could be achieved on Hybrids and if they are worth it considering they cost about £2000.

There were some for and some against, the opinions that stuck in my mind were the people who have had hybrids and have now gone single. If I can remember correctly they were all in favour of the single conversion and felt hybrids were not worth it for the money.

After a week or so deliberating, I have made my decision and have decided to go SINGLE.

I was undecided between the Boost Logic Kit or the PHR Kit. After alot of thinking about convenience of fitting, costs and looks. I have decided to purchase the PHR Stage 1 DBB Kit, the kit looks pucker and supposedly is good for 600+BHP.

I live in Northampton so it made sense for Leon from JPS to source the equipment and fit it. I am hoping the kit will be fitted within the next 4 - 5 weeks. As a result of this I will soon have a lot of bits for sale, these will be posted in the "For Sale" section once they are off the car but at present just guaging interest.

* CW Uprated SMIC - Been on the car for 5000 miles - £400

* CW 1st Cat Replacement Pipe - Been on the car for 6 months - £100

* 2nd Cat Replacement Pipe with 02 Bung - £125

* 4 or 5 Samco Hoses (Black) for the Intercooler - £125

* Apexi Power Intake - Been on the car for 5000 miles - £90

* Jspec Turbos (64000 miles) - only run at 1.2Bar since Sept 04 - ?

* Restrictor Ring - £10

* 440cc Injectors - ?

If you are interested in any of the above, PM me but like I said all of this will be posted for sale in the appropriate section once it is off the car.

I would like to THANK everyone who posted in the above thread, you have saved me some money in the long run as I now wont have to replace the hybrids was I get bored with them.

However my missus would like to KILL you all as I have just spent alot of money and obviously she is PISSED. I am hoping she will change her mind once the project is finished and she has a spin in the motor.

Cheers

Good luck with the conversion m8 - hope it goes well

As regards bits

* CW 1st Cat Replacement Pipe - Been on the car for 6 months - £100

* 2nd Cat Replacement Pipe with 02 Bung - £125

* Apexi Power Intake - Been on the car for 5000 miles - £90

* Restrictor Ring - £10

Need all of these when you are done with them m8 - if you could put me down for first dibs please cheers

I've got the eManage on my VVTi....speak to IanC about mapping it ;)

If you have any issues with it give me or him a shout.

Assuming yours is a j-spec you should have no real issues. Just make sure you set the internal Ignition jumper to 12v as it comes default on 5v.

Yeh I have a J-Spec, I have already spoke to Ian refernce mapping when I was going to get the hybrids and he said that would be fine. Leon is going to map initially then I will ask Ian to fine tune for me.

With the single on, are there any other issues, does the car start, drive much differently when just tinkering about?

The car will start fine and carry on running fine if you make sure your base map caters for the bigger injectors. On a DBB 61 you should find you don't lack anything lower down the rev range, the power delivery is linear and so *I* feel much more in control and at ease with what it's going to do...