The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sad Supra, Bad Rob, Everybody Hurts.

Robzki

Its been a few years since I was here.....apart from popping in once or twice to bump the boot release thread to make sure it is never forgotten......

I loved my Supra and over the years I was making good headway with the mechanicals and light mods, money was always tight but I always tried to use the best parts I could afford and to try and do a few mods slightly differently.

The Supra was starting to show its age though and to be fair to me(making excuses) I was getting a little despondent, the lacquer on the bonnet was always a little faded and had started peeling, also the roof was going the same way, the paint on one of the sills was bubbling slightly, someone had rolled the rear arches slightly but badly and I couldn't keep on top of the rust just starting to appear, the valve stem seals needed doing, you get the picture.

I have owned the supra for 10 years but 3 years ago life got in the way.

For 6 or 7 years it was coveted, repaired, serviced, modified and driven daily but 3 years ago it developed a pretty major oil leak at exactly the wrong time financially and during a big life change so it was parked up and ignored.......

2 days ago I put a battery on it did all of the usual checks and preparation including putting a light misting of oil down the bores and pulling the fuse to spin it over to get oil circulating etc. it fired up almost immediately and soon cleared itself of a misfire within a few seconds.

I then moved it into the barn and sat having a beer while looking at the neglected, dejected Supe when this song started playing on Spotify which I thought was apt I decided to video the misery..... I am not an attention whore but I also happened to have the camera handy as I had been taking pics of piglets which will explain the strange noises halfway through the video.[GRIN][/GRIN] (also a good vid to the original song as from memory it has a '70's Celica)

My apologies to Supra owners around the world, I am one of you.....life just bit me on the arse. It didn't take long for the love to return, it was in a strange way nice to remember all of the modifications and jobs that I had done over the years.

I am going to clean polish and generally fix it slowly(money and time seem to always be better spent elsewhere) over the next few years and store it INSIDE. I will try and update this thread with pics of past work done and any other interesting future improvements, to be fair there isn't much that wouldn't be an improvement.

Thanks and sorry again

Rob

Thanks To Frank for making me research the imbed video youtube witchcraft :D

Edited by Robzki (see edit history)

Thanks Shawn.

I love restoration threads and doing them too.

This one isn't quite the same though as I have no one else to blame. :(

At least I have seen the error of my ways and can now be forgiven and enter heaven. (other spiritual states are available)

Work done:

Bilstein Rears

New Toyota rear upper suspension arms(holy shizzle they're expensive)

Cam cover breather pipes renewed

Chris Wilson Caliper kits all round(new seals pistons etc)

'race brake fluid'

Do-luck braided brake lines

3G rear drilled grooved brake discs

Whifbitz FPD removal

SRD fmic

SRD stainless front upper panel

Coil pack clips renewed

NGK Iridium - BKR7EIX Plugs

Walbro fuel pump

K&N Panel filter

Double decat

3" catback

Sard race cat

Partial ARC IC Pipework

ARC BOV

Aftermarket Ally Expansion tank

Oem spats

Oil Filter Sandwich plate

Ugly red ASH Silicone hoses

Stock bov removed

PLX Oil temp module

PLX Egt module

PLX Oil Pressure module

PLX Vac/Boost module

PLX Afr module

PLX AIT module x 2

PLX Dm-200 Displays x 2

PLX Dm-100 Display

Front strut brace

Pillar pod

PlX Dm-100 Displays x 2

Clarion Max8973hd Double din dvd/gps

Clarion Srv-202 Subs x 2

Personal Plate

Parts to install:

Boost Controller but cant remember what/where it may be(in a box somewhere)

Jun Carbon Bonnet

Greddy fcd

Clarion Sru1721s Front components

Clarion Srp1720s Rear components

Rear speaker pods

Bilstein fronts

Random wheels but cant remember what/where they are (in a box somewhere)

Parts wanted:

Jun front bumper

Oem Skirts

Possibly a Trd wing

Edited by Robzki (see edit history)

She still looks sweet mate, a lick of paint and some TLC, she will be perfect. You did so much, would have been a shame if you threw in the towel.

Thanks m8, yeah still nice but I was always planning on trying to keep the original paint, now I don't have a choice, but maybe that's a good thing. As a daily driver it was starting to show its age a bit and towards the end it was getting a little neglected. Not something I'll ever sell and I'm happy to clean and restore it slowly and keep it under a sheet until I have more time/money.

thanks for the positive words of encouragement :thumbs:

No worries. It looks like time has been kind to her, you have a good one there.

It always seemed to be one of the 'good ones' and a pretty sound investment too, bought for a bargain price(at the time) on ebay and collected at a dodgy pub so it was a bit of a gamble but one of the rare times that ebay worked as it should.

I have enjoyed it for at least 7 out of the 10 years of ownership and am hoping to rekindle some love for it, appears to be working out as I have spent more time sitting with a beer and looking at it now that its inside than I have cleaning it up :)

hi mate rain , rain and more rain , even when its warm its warm rain

I know that feeling :( at least we have the cold rain to look forward to :thumbs:

Good to see you getting the Supra back to life again. I think we all get a bit despondent at times as life can get in the way but it is often a drive out in our cars that helps push the troubles away and gives us a smile, even if it's only for a short while. Looking forward to seeing the updates.

• 3 months later...