The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Front number plate bracket options

charlton

I've just bought a 5 digit registration coupled with an import size front number plate to help tidy up the front and lose the mammoth 7 digit UK version!

Trouble is, this is now smaller than the Jspec bracket holder so it leaves an overhang on the sides. What other options are there or what have you guys done to mount the plate a bit cleaner? I was thinking of buying a standard Jspec bracket and chopping it down to size

dont run a plate and just leave it in the window screen? not sure if it is legal?

Im sure its not legal ... however I have been running with no plate on the front bumper and plate sitting on the dash for years with no issues and have passed police loads of times

Im sure it will happen one day when they tell me to fit it or I will get a fine/points though

I have a standard Jspec holder on mine and fits perfectly with a 6 digit registration on the smaller type number plate.

Show off :p

dont run a plate and just leave it in the window screen? not sure if it is legal?

I done this with my previous Supra starting with no front number slowly progressing up sizes each time I got a pull from the law :D. I don't fancy doing that again and giving the police an excuse to pull you over

I got a billet plate holder, it doesn't have a lip so gives quite a clean finish

Where did you get that from? It looks like it will still be too big but as you say, a bit cleaner on the edges

Im sure its not legal ... however I have been running with no plate on the front bumper and plate sitting on the dash for years with no issues and have passed police loads of times

Im sure it will happen one day when they tell me to fit it or I will get a fine/points though

You don't get out much anymore :p As long as you have a reasonable/believable excuse to have it in your window (broken bracket, tape lost stickeyness etc) you should only get a producer - this only cost me £10 each time as I had to get a MOT shop to stamp it

You don't get out much anymore :p As long as you have a reasonable/believable excuse to have it in your window (broken bracket, tape lost stickeyness etc) you should only get a producer - this only cost me £10 each time as I had to get a MOT shop to stamp it

Lol

Very true I only do 1000 a year

Exactly the same as what’s said above, I run plateless and have it stuck to my windscreen for years now!

Cant see the pic Ric but my girlfriend has one on her 350z.. Great bit of kit

I have been thinking of getting one myself soon

Oh she forgets to out the plate back out too lol

I have the flip out plate for when im at shows etc.

If you ever follow me you'll probably find i stop 2-5 minutes after setting off because i've forgotten to put it back out!

You can see it nestled away here.

https://scontent-sof1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/20901555_1915078655416104_5160670306532249538_o.jpg?oh=3cf8d9714477e894f6b2d584486fd123&oe=5A4B576C