The mkiv Supra Owners Club

manual boost controller!!

uksupra

hi just fitted a manual boost controller... for some reason i now seem to only be able to rach 9psi of boost...

was at about 12 13 psi before....

please help with any ideas???

:cry:

If you are getting less boost than before, it sounds like you either have a leak somewhere or it's not installed properly.

ok looked at some diagrams on mk4.com...

they show the actuator for the wastgate having two vacuum hoses running from it... one from the vsv and one going off into the engine... cant see where...

do i place boost controller before the actuator inbetween the vsv and the actuator or do i place it between the vsv and the second mentioned pipe running into engine bay???

ok looked at some diagrams on mk4.com...

they show the actuator for the wastgate having two vacuum hoses running from it... one from the vsv and one going off into the engine... cant see where...

do i place boost controller before the actuator inbetween the vsv and the actuator or do i place it between the vsv and the second mentioned pipe running into engine bay???

Hi Mate,

I believe you place it between the turbo (engine in your description above) and the actuator. You should have the hose going from the turbo into the MBC, then into the top of the actuator. You then block off the hose going from the bottom of the actuator to the VSV. (You need to make sure the MBC is the correct way around as well). only tighten it a bit at a time or you could seriously knacker your turbos.

J