The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mitsubishi gto twin turbo

mike33

Hi guys I've got a supra gz twin turbo but have been looking at the Mitsubishi gto twin turbo new shape to buy and keep as they seem cheap! I was thinking of buying it and mainly see if they are going to go up in value! Has anybody on here driven One!

I had one before buying my sup

Was a great handling car with lovely sounds an good low boost let down by its portlyness

Was to heavy to be real contender

But there’s one near me in great original condition that I too have thought about buying for they’re

Possible future price hike in mind !

Was leagues ahead when made making it a future classic for sure an now that numbers are deprecating reckon only a matter of time

Before worth some real money

I've got one , they are low and wide which gives great levels of grip the 4x4 also gives good wet handling ,steering is very light ,common with many jap cars .

Spares and parts are much cheaper than the supra and more readily available , for example I needed a clutch change , and I got a 25000 mile UK spec complete engine and box with UK spec leather interior for £600 - this left me with a spare engine and all the bolt ons starter ,alt , etc and spare box .

The electronic units and there are plenty of them can give problems due to leaking capacitors now , but they are available under £50 used and can be repaired easily .

They are a GT and high speed cruiser for long distances and very comfortable , high speed lane changes fantastic with the 4 wheel steering but the light steering takes a bit of concentration as every small input moves the car around .

Tuning is relatively easy and many parts and info available in the US - a good selection of bolt on turbos to choose from at very good prices , ECU tuning software for the stock ECU is available and very cheap.

The interiors are robust , brakes very capable and cheap , the engine layout is compact and not much room , the intercooler layout is quite complex due to the layout .

The engine is quick revving and little or no lag , the jspec has smaller turbos and the U.K. Spec slightly larger ( more power but a tad more lag)

Like all cars this age ,rads , hoses , alternators , and general service parts should be factored , 500 horse quite easy to achieve , many cars now have been owned by people who could not afford to maintain them but not all .

European prices are 3-4 times UK prices (LHD) , but I doubt the UK cars will do this - the euro ones seem to be more dealer maintained and serviced .

Cars are not an investment ,had mine about 7 years and no major issues other than service parts , and the odd electronic unit - still got a spare engine /box for bits that I have never used .

Mine is in for a respray next year and has no rust to deal with