The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What to check when buying a supra update

Tyson

The safety things are the front to rear brake and fuel lines which are getting rusty after 20 years. The other thing I've noticed is the rubber bushes have gone a lot softer then new bushes. As well as play which can give additional loading on things like roll bars there is a likelihood of transmission hop under power take off. Bushing is not cheap, either OE or poly and who wants to go solid?

There is body rust which wasn't so much of a problem years back. The rear bumper bar gets particularly rusty and is, I believe, discontinued. The sills can rust out under the plastic but who is going to say yes to someone physically pulling their cars kit off the car on a test drive?

There is body rust which wasn't so much of a problem years back. The rear bumper bar gets particularly rusty and is, I believe, discontinued. The sills can rust out under the plastic but who is going to say yes to someone physically pulling their cars kit off the car on a test drive?

I agree on the rust. It'd be good to put the common areas where it goes rusty on the body like the boot seal (are there any other common areas?). And to watch out for chewed up sills from improper jacking.