The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Steering wheel swap Rav4

Bender

Quick question can i do straight swap and change my steering wheel from new Toyota Rav4 ? I know you can do with Celica steering wheel so just wonder if all Toyotas steering wheels are the same i dont care about airbags etc as i dont have it anyway. I attach picture with it so that can give you a ideaimage

Wysłane z mojego SM-G950F przy użyciu Tapatalka

The buttons will not work of course whole idea of change steering wheel was to give a interior a most modern refresh look and i dont want those racing boy style wheel from ebay. And changing elements really make a change so far i swap my speedo for stainless steel one plus rings and repainted all dash elements gloss black and its already looks much better

• 3 weeks later...
I’m confused at what you’ve done.

You said you didn’t care about airbags as you don’t have it.

Then said it was hard finding a steering wheel with airbags and have now fitted a steering wheel that looks extremely similar to a Supra one :/

Yes i dont care about airbag as i dont have it anyway. But the thing is even if i wanted the lastest Toyota wheel i cant install it without one even if i buy just the cover i still need airbag (even deployed one) to attach airbag cover. I was thinking i just buy a steering wheel without airbag than cover and job is done but unfotunetely it didnt work like that so sadly i have to keep searching for wheel with airbag and i found Celica one maybe it didnt look diffrent on photos but im quite happy with it and it makes a diffrence

The buttons will not work of course whole idea of change steering wheel was to give a interior a most modern refresh look and i dont want those racing boy style wheel from ebay. And changing elements really make a change so far i swap my speedo for stainless steel one plus rings and repainted all dash elements gloss black and its already looks much better

You could have got the buttons to work if you had wanted ;)

I guess i could if i was a bit more electronic minded. But anyway find a complete wheel with airbag its a challange

I could have done it for you, but you're right it's had to find one with an airbag as I'm just searching ebay as we speak! I've just gone for a Lexus IS250 one for the flappy paddles, and to keep the cruise control.

I could have done it for you, but you're right it's had to find one with an airbag as I'm just searching ebay as we speak! I've just gone for a Lexus IS250 one for the flappy paddles, and to keep the cruise control.
Thanks if i ever will be changing wheel again i will get back to you. Lexus wheel looks good to...there is one from Lexus IS-F on ebay only 545 gbp without airbag. Btw thanks for help with horn

Thanks if i ever will be changing wheel again i will get back to you. Lexus wheel looks good to...there is one from Lexus IS-F on ebay only 545 gbp without airbag. Btw thanks for help with horn

I paid £50 for mine with working airbag :) Glad to have helped with the horn mate :)