The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Number plates

AC93

Hi everyone,

I buy and sell number plates on the side and never thought to post them on here!

TH15 DON (never been on a vehicle, on retention certificate for 10yrs) £2500

TH15 MUM (never been on a vehicle, on retention certificate for 10yrs) £2500

BO55SS X (currently on my daily) £3500

X BO555S (currently on the Supra) £4000

H10 THS (on retention certificate for 10yrs) £250

If anyone is interested let me know, they are on eBay and RegTransfers. Open to offers on them all :)

Thanks,

A.C.

• 4 weeks later...
What does "on retention" mean? It suggests you're just buying the right to use a plate for 10 years? In which case at £2500 is just pissing your money away in my book.
"On retention" means that the registration number is allocated to youon a certificate for 10 years. You can either put it on a vehicle within that period and then keep it as long as you like, or, prior to the 10 years 'on retention' period ending, you can renew the retention for another 10 years so that you don't lose the number.

you can renew the retention for another 10 years so that you don't lose the number.

Oh I see, it just means it's not allocated to a vehicle, so I guess renewing it whilst unallocated just has a smallish admin charge for the DVLA to upkeep the record.

Oh I see, it just means it's not allocated to a vehicle, so I guess renewing it whilst unallocated just has a smallish admin charge for the DVLA to upkeep the record.

There used to be a charge but renewing is free now :)

Yes, it's now £80 for a 10 year retention. I'm fairly sure that years ago it was £100 for 1 year's retention, so at least something has got cheaper.

https://www.gov.uk/keep-registration-number

Yes, it's now £80 for a 10 year retention. I'm fairly sure that years ago it was £100 for 1 year's retention, so at least something has got cheaper.

https://www.gov.uk/keep-registration-number

Yeah to take it off a vehicle and put on retention is £80 for 10 years, but if already on retention and you're just renewing the certificate then it's free

Is there a way to find a reg that isn't on a vehicle, if its on retention i mean

Doesn't come up in searches ie, mot check or insurance check or on car reg sale sites

Could it no longer exist if it was on a scrapped or stolen un recovered car ?

Apologies for hijacking your thread

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.