The mkiv Supra Owners Club

work meister offsets

turnerjr

Hello everyone,

I'm looking at buying a set of work meister s1r but have no idea what size and offset to go for. I currently have a set of 19's but want to change to 18's in an effort to improve the ride quality. I have rolled arches and chris wilson fast road bilsteins which have lowered the car about 25mm. I want quite an aggresive offset but obviously dont want them to rub if I'm going to spend so much money on wheels! Any help would be greatly appreciated 😊

chris, you are an absolute legend! :D do you have any pics of them on your car please? I would never have thought you could get wheels that wide on a almost stock bodied supra, they are massive! are your arches not flared at all? the lips on mine have literally just been rolled upwards, they havent been hit flat or anything.

Thanks, yes they are a perfect fit for how we wanted. Took me roughly 2 months to work out the correct offsets etc. We wanted a wide wheel which we could fit some decent size rubber on for traction etc as the car is almost 800bhp on ethanol. But also wanted it to fill the arch nicely at the same time, I think overall it's worked out great.

I would say copy Chris' widths and offsets. I have seen their car and the wheels are perfectly proportioned.

You could go wider on the front although it's unnecessary and you will experience the effects of tram lining more.

315 on the rear is enough for anyone!

Tram lining (incase you arent already aware) is when your wheels 'slip' into the grooves of the road that have been caused by years of traffic.. mostly on motorways and dual carriageways.

Its much more prominent with wide wheels and tyres.

I have 10.5 on mine (Volk GTC), project thread link below or my garage

Stock wheel sizes/offsets

Front 17x8 +50 - 235/45R17

Rear 17x9.5 +50 - 255/40R17

You are increasing wheel width so to keep the same Wheel backspacing you will need to subtract the difference in Extra Wheel width from the OE Offset

As you have retained the same back spacing as OE and increased the width of the wheel , the wheel will move outward towards the curb

Fitting larger wheels can and will affect the Scrub radius due to change in tire contact patch , this can affect stopping distances , handling ,

I am not too sure if you can adjust the scrub radius on a Supra , some cars you can

I am sure somebody more knowledgeable like Mr Wilson will be along with his pitch fork and lynch mob :) We are screwing up what some poor Toyota chap spent hours calculating for the pleasure of Aesthetics

On 9.5 and 10.5 widths , my car is on the brink of adjustment ; if you are doing any bushes in future , worth investing in the SuperPro , they allow additional adjustment

9.5 / 10.5 OE back spacing

Front Width 8 (OE) , new with 9.5 , difference of 15 mm , 50 -15 = 35

Rear Width 9.5 (OE) , new with 10.5 , difference of 10 mm , 50 -10 = 40

Thanks for the info jellybean, that makes interesting reading :) Your car is very nice by the way! :D Hahaha, to be honest, the reason I'm buying new wheels is because of Mr Wilson! He is unimpressed with my 19" wheels so Ive decided to take the plunge and go down to 18's, I'm just not a fan of the lexus wheels as they have no dish, so thought a set of expensive works wheels would be the next best thing :D