The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Amayama have just seen my last parts order

rider

I have had issues before when Amayama have refunded parts payments for those they can no longer source which does then load the freight and Parcel Force admin charges on whatever they do finally ship. As a side add in I have then gone on to get the AWOL parts from other sources so it seem Amayama don't try hard to locate parts. So this time, I used their quote me option which is supposed to fill you in with what is around before you finalise and pay for the order.

I did my big 53 item nuts, bolts and bushes order and requested a quote. Got confirmation to my email then never heard anything more so checked into the site two days later and there was no sign of the order placed for quotation. It had disappeared without a trace. I entered again, the 53 item order and decided this time I'd better just fo ahead and buy as its quite a chore tapping in all those part numbers. Three days later I receive two emails advising various bits are no longer available so it'll be value wise 30% short shipping with no freight discount due.

Amayama is too risky these days with my last two orders being short shipped and that makes Mr T or TCB in the UK quicker and a lot cheaper. I'm not going to be troubling Amayama any more.

Re TCB do you email a parts list? or are they set up to look things up for you based on chassis plate info etc?

Their website was always just for certain parts but it seems like they can do everything pretty much?

I email a list of part numbers to TCB. They will sub in superseded parts when appropriate so they must do more than religiously follow a presented list.

Ta, that's fine a great part of Amayama was that they just ordered what you asked for (I accept your issues with availability and part orders etc), in the past I'd had via the telephone hassle with chassis numbers being required and all sorts of hassle where they won't just bloody order what you've spend ages researching to ensure is the bit you need!!

I used amayama for a load of bits, made the payment and when they arrived they'd only sent me 23 out of 24 valve stem seals after cancelling 1 off my order they couldn't source.

I went back through my emails but had no notification of them doing it. So now I have to get 1 lone seal

Bit of a pain in the ass!

I use Megazip. I find the part number off Toyota eparts store, put that into their website which then comes up with the part in stock or not. I ordered some blanking plates for the dash, the left one was discontinued, so they emailed me asking if I wanted a straight refund or put the cost towards another part. Very good service if shopping from Japan.

You seem to be unlucky with Amayama, I have just completed another two orders from them (UAE & Japan) using the quote me option. All parts found and payment made.

I'm happy with their service too. I've had dropped parts but regardless my orders have been significantly cheaper than buying anywhere in the UK, even with all postage and import fees included.

I try and get as much as I can from the UAE warehouse as this has an accurate stock indicator. I've never had an item dropped from there, only the Japan warehouse.

TCB are very good too and offer very competitive rates. I've used them myself a few times.

I try and get as much as I can from the UAE warehouse as this has an accurate stock indicator. I've never had an item dropped from there, only the Japan warehouse.

This might be true as both the orders with subsequent cancellations were on Amayama Japan as UAE wasn't stocking the parts. Of the 53 items just ordered, UAE only had one item as a stock item whereas Japan had them all on a 4 day turnaround order, which turned out to be bollocks.

This might be true as both the orders with subsequent cancellations were on Amayama Japan as UAE wasn't stocking the parts. Of the 53 items just ordered, UAE only had one item as a stock item whereas Japan had them all on a 4 day turnaround order, which turned out to be bollocks.

I think a lot of it boils down to the part, when you read the small print if you use the quote me option they do say there is a chance of your part going out of stock. Likewise if you order and pay before finding out if the part is available and it isn't you find yourself disappointed.

Between a rock and a hard place comes to mind :)

As Matt said above, there is a significant saving to be had.

I religiously used to order all my parts from Steve Manley. My justification for the higher prices being that I had a UK point of contact for any issues, returns etc. Also I knew exactly how much the order would cost at the outset.

Unfortunately I'm order such volume of parts (as a number of us now are) that buying at UK prices simply isn't cost effective.

I might look again at the US options, but even they, from what I've compared, are more expensive than buying from Amayama.

I might look again at the US options, but even they, from what I've compared, are more expensive than buying from Amayama.

I've bought a few times from McGeorge, a Virginia Toyota outlet. They were very competitive 2 years ago but are a little more expensive today relative to Amayama. Only bugbear was they ship by US Mail which ends up with Royal Mail handling charges; rather like Amayama with Parcel Force handling charges. Other than that they would quote and follow instructions to only ship if they could source the essential list of components. Thats a big upside compared to Amayama were my last but one order shipped the order padding and dropped the main components. That one was really frustrating.