The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Syvecs ecu

Mac Srt

Yes and no. It can control the engine but you would need the OEM gearbox ECU to run the gearbox, essentially making the S8 a very expensive piggyback. The S6Plus is the only Syvecs ECU that comes with 8x H Bridge Outputs.

Cheers for the info, I didn't wanna make an expensive mistake.

Piggyback that is solely used as the engine ECU and fully tuneable to your desire?

What other piggybacks that can do that?

It just makes it an unnecessarily expensive investment IMO. Personally I don't see the point in buying a standalone just to use it as a piggyback. Better to buy the right ECU for the job first time round and get it to do everything you could possibly want than compromise. The tiptronic (as you know) has that dangerous kick down around the 120mph mark. The S6Plus will eradicate that completely.

Think I'm going to look at Whifbitz flappy paddle set up at the same time

As you are tiptronic you don't need to, the wiring for the paddles is already there. Just change your wheel. The Whifbitz paddles are Works Bell paddle shifters.

As you are tiptronic you don't need to, the wiring for the paddles is already there. Just change your wheel. The Whifbitz paddles are Works Bell paddle shifters.

Is this not just the same as using the buttons though ? Do you mean use the syvecs ecu to speed up the shifts and just use a traditional steering wheel with paddles?

- - - Updated - - -

Therefore the paddle set up is not required ?

Is this not just the same as using the buttons though? Do you mean use the syvecs ecu to speed up the shifts and just use a traditional steering wheel with paddles? Therefore the paddle set up is not required ?

Nope not in the slightest, changing from the awful button set-up to paddles and staying OEM transforms the way manual mode feels. Yes the S6Plus can be mapped to speed up gear changes but don't expect miracles.

Changing to a more modern Toyota wheel with integrated paddles is what I chose to do.

j_jza80 first documented the mod/swap which inspired me to sort mine out here- http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?312625-Jays-VVTi-Single-Turbo-Paddleshift-build-thread&p=3956707&viewfull=1#post3956707

Nope not in the slightest, changing from the awful button set-up to paddles and staying OEM transforms the way manual mode feels. Yes the S6Plus can be mapped to speed up gear changed but don't expect miracles.

Changing to a more modern Toyota wheel with integrated paddles is what I chose to do.

j_jza80 first documented the mod/swap which inspired me to sort mine out here- http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?312625-Jays-VVTi-Single-Turbo-Paddleshift-build-thread&p=3956707&viewfull=1#post3956707

Yeah the buttons are pants... I did look at a yaris sport wheel a while ago which looked neat and tidy..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.