The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JDM Supra fuel pump stays running AND OTHER ISSUES.......

lintlars

Hi everyone I'm having some electrical issues that I'm hoping someone may have had before.

Symptoms

-Car quit and will not start, it turns over.

- when I switch the car on and off fuel pump stays running until I pull the relay

-replaced the relay same issue

with the pump staying running with the key off I thought ECU

-replaced ECU same issue

Mods

Car has a mapecu 1 installed I removed that from the equation same issue

12volt fuel mod

single turbo

NEW INFO PIN 69 ECU GROUND IS SHOWING 7 VOLTS WITH KEY OFF

AND I HAVE SPARK

Edited by lintlars
MORE INFO (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
I have had same issue on my 93' JDM NA Auto. Check out the fuel pump wiring and check the relay box for old soldering points... Anyways, I had my mechanic remake the fuel pump circuit, so I suggest to talk to local mechanic, he will find a way out.

I removed all the fuse and replaced them one by one until I got voltage to the ground and it looks like efi 1 and 2 are the culprits, I disconnected my fuel pump ecu and still getting 7 volts to the ecu ground

so Im gonna start at the fuel pump ecu and confirm all wiring is in good shape and then venture out from there back towards the ecu .

• 3 weeks later...
If your getting voltage down to pin 69 which is the ECU ground then it might be worth checking all the ground points on the intake manifold/block/enginebayloom/footwell etc. Have had all sorts of weird issues in the past when one was left off

HAHAHA Guess what ground was left off the manifold !but what's odd is it ran for 3 weeks like this while doing some road tuning as well ! Its running good again but now my map I tuned to 11.5 is rich so needs another tune but all good again!