The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Finally saying hello

Hamilton

Hi all,

Firstly can I just say what a fantastic forum this is? I've been lurking on here for probably ten years on and off, and it's so nice to see it still going.

I'm registering and saying hello now as I'm finally within sight of buying my first Supra. I've had the desire and funds to buy one for quite some time, but only more recently had the circumstances. I did actually put a deposit in one a few years back- it was being sold by a certain High Wycombe dealer, but then I thought better of it and backed out, and whilst I certainly don't regret that decision my desire to own a Supra remained very much alive. They're such capable cars, and to this day they still look incredible. As James May might put it, not much else gives me "the fizz"! ;)

So I'll be on the hunt for a TT Aerotop in black come next year. I was two minds about whether I wanted an Aerotop, but (randomly) coming across the feature on Ibrar's amazing car in Fast Car magazine this month has convinced me. It's the first time I've bought Fast Car magazine for probably 15 years- takes me back to being a teenager!

Sorry for the long post and thank you if you've read all of this! Thank you too for all the advice over the years. I'll keep you all posted on the search.

Dave

10 years damn! A black TT aerotop is quite a specific ask, they are obviously out there but it might be a challenge to prise them away from their current owner. I would look right now and keep looking if you can before next year as I suspect you'll lucky to see even one come up for sale in this time frame and it would be a shame to miss it for the sake of a few months.

Best of luck

Thanks for the replies guys. I guess I have started looking already, even though I'm quietly hoping a car doesn't pop up until next year- I'm checking the usual places daily (Autotrader, eBay, PH, plus the classifieds on here), although please let me know if you can think of anywhere I might be missing.

I know a black TT aerotop might be a big ask, although I'm hopeful of finding one and I'll be as patient as I can manage! If I can't find one however then I'd consider a black NA aerotop with a view to a NA-T conversion, though from a cost point of view this isn't ideal. I might also consider a TT aerotop in another colour and look at a black respray, however I'm pretty picky when it comes to paint jobs (I've seen my fair share of bad ones!) and I know that good resprays don't come cheap so, again, not ideal from a cost viewpoint!

Hi and welcome to the forum, good to see you've joined up after lurking for so long, especially as your so local to me as im only in Hereford and work in Bromyard so just down the road from you :) as Ant (Hitbox Junkie) says iv just got a black na aerotop, picked it up mainly because of the condition, iv got a spare single turbo GTE engine and V160 at home which I had half a view of putting in this shell when buying it but its such a genuine tidy car that I think im going to leave it as it is. If you want to know anything Supra related or see anything to do with the aero's etc then give me a shout and could call by :)