The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Power corrupts, then it bores.

rider

Read the title on an Evo forum about the thirst for more power (no Supra owner hasn't been on that journey) and I figured its got a certain ring of real World truth to it.

I love driving around in my little MGB probably because it rides like a 50 year old car and I get to do lots of gear changes because it struggles up big hills in 4th and if you want to accelerate at any other time you probably don't want to be in 4th either. Anyone who has never driven an old British Sports car should really go out and buy or rent one, its proper driving without any power steering or ABS and if you don't break down on the run, even better. Sub 100bhp with miles of smiles. I'm hoping for a few more sunny days before summer is over to get my little roadster out rambling the local lanes and B roads.

Asked which keys I'd grab first between the Supra or the MGB; that depends if the sun is shining.

I'm kinda in the same boat as you. I used to say that driving the wheels of a lower powered car would be more fun than having masses of power on tap... All that coming from a time when I had never owned a Turbo Car. Then I bought my Chaser, 1JZ Twin Turbo and the stock power is great! :D

I recently bought an old Eunos Roadster for some Drifting and low powered Spirited driving, not as old as you MGB, but i'm still really looking forward to getting that on the Road. Its only a little 1.6l and have already removed the power steering and toying with the idea of fitting some carburettors to it for a bit of old school reliability lol...

toying with the idea of fitting some carburettors to it for a bit of old school reliability lol...

My old cars, touching some formica as I type, have all been 100% reliable. I love stripping down, rebuilding and tuning carbs. Its like you personally get to set up how the car runs. Go carbs.

I agree. My NC MX5 is great fun with British sports car attitude, the Tiger another thing entirely. The Supra is a great Grand Tourer, that's essentially it's job, but is the the first I'd go for fun drive out in? Nope.

I'd even go as far to say that our MG ZR can be more fun across Wales than the Supra. :taped:

I agree. My NC MX5 is great fun with British sports car attitude, the Tiger another thing entirely. The Supra is a great Grand Tourer, that's essentially it's job, but is the the first I'd go for fun drive out in? Nope.

I'd even go as far to say that our MG ZR can be more fun across Wales than the Supra. :taped:

Loved my grippy ZS. Could leave most things for dead at roundabouts etc the grip was immense.