The mkiv Supra Owners Club

boost

Guest charlieboys twi

Guest charlieboys twi

hi im a bit new to all this but here we go............! i jus bought a j-spec twin turbo 6spd. its got a system from the down pipe back hks filter boost gauge. ive just bought a blitz boost controller. wot do boost do these cars run standered......... and wot wood be a safe boost to run with my moods...!!!!!! can any1 help :thanks:

Personally I'd only go to 1.1bar with stock intercooler/fueling, mine was running a little lean at 1.2bar, with Front Mounted Intercooler and stock fueling, when checked on a dyno, it is a little hotter here though which would have effected A/F figures a little.

Check the condition of your intecooler before upping the boost, if it is the original side mount, it could be in very poor condition by now and not up to the job. I would also fit a new fuel pump and fuel filter for the same reason. You'll probably also need to fit a cooler grade of spark plug to prevent mis-fire at the higher boost.

Summary:

1. Remove 1st (nearest turbo) or both Cats and restrictor ring (contact Chris Wilson (See Here) for parts and advice.)

2. Check condition of Intercooler.

3. Fit Fuel Cut Defender (see Thor in traders section.)

4. Fit new Fuel Pump and Fuel Filter (Walbro 255l/m pump recommended, see traders section.)

5. Fit cooler grade plugs (do a search for plug recommendations.)

6. Personally I would also burn the HKS mushroom filter and refit standard box. The filtration of the HKS filter is poor and it also sucks hot air from engine bay, so actually reduces power. The stock box has cold air feed and superior filtration.

You'll be amazed at the difference removing cats and raising boost will make, definitely worthwhile doing.