The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help ecu advise

Boyne

Hi lads need some help left car with very reputable mapper in Galway for wideband sensor and a remap of fcon gold, problem is he can't get into the ecu with his software, the ecu is working as it's running pig rich, tdi gave me the code or password to unlock the ecu originaly mapped by sam brogam however no joy. The mapper wants me to go down the stand alone route with a link ecu. 2 questions 1 anyone any experience with these link ecu s and 2 even if the fcon is fuelling the car could it still be damaged or not able to be remapped, also the mapper wants me to go parrell anyone any experience what it drives like.

Edited by Boyne (see edit history)

Depends on the rest of your spec as to whether a £1500 ECU is a good option or not.

Link are excellent, offer a ton of options and features for future such as DBW and antilag, incredible range of safety functions as well as data logging and outputs for dash etc.

But if you car is fairly stock then maybe just look for another piggy back for a couple of hundred quid that does work, not sure how your stock ecu will cope with 18psi, but I know bugger all about stock Supra ECUs lol ??

J.

Depends on the rest of your spec as to whether a £1500 ECU is a good option or not.

Link are excellent, offer a ton of options and features for future such as DBW and antilag, incredible range of safety functions as well as data logging and outputs for dash etc.

But if you car is fairly stock then maybe just look for another piggy back for a couple of hundred quid that does work, not sure how your stock ecu will cope with 18psi, but I know bugger all about stock Supra ECUs lol ??

J.

Thanks for that car is full bpu if you look under my old account Nigel boyne take look in my garage.

Had a quick look, Im afraid I dont know or recognise what a BPU is,

But I saw from your spec that its basically a standard car and your running MAP based Vpro - presumably either converted or Jap import.

I cant see the point of spending on a Link unless you want the security that comes with some of the extra sensor inputs, although you arent really stressing the engine at such a low power output so again Id save the money for some performance upgrades first if it were me.

As you're in Ireland I would speak to Robbie at TDP (I know thats the other side from Galway, but I trust Robbie 100%) and ask him if he can get into your Vpro for you, or even remap it from scratch so you know what you are getting. I liked how my cars have run on Vpro and have only changed to Link for the extra options it can give for race engines etc

J.

Had a quick look, Im afraid I dont know or recognise what a BPU is,

But I saw from your spec that its basically a standard car and your running MAP based Vpro - presumably either converted or Jap import.

I cant see the point of spending on a Link unless you want the security that comes with some of the extra sensor inputs, although you arent really stressing the engine at such a low power output so again Id save the money for some performance upgrades first if it were me.

As you're in Ireland I would speak to Robbie at TDP (I know thats the other side from Galway, but I trust Robbie 100%) and ask him if he can get into your Vpro for you, or even remap it from scratch so you know what you are getting. I liked how my cars have run on Vpro and have only changed to Link for the extra options it can give for race engines etc

J.

Thanks for input it's UK supra .bpu is term used for upgrading or maximising the standard turbo set up. Car is running 400hp ish now at18psi, it's actually driving as well as I can ever remember, that fcon v pro was never right in my car from the day it went in even though it dyno 435hp, going to sell or give the fcon away if it's not worth anything and enjoy car as is for now.The next stage if there is will be full stand alone and small aggressive single prob GTX 30 or35.

Oh ok.

The good news with Fcon is that its universal so there is a large market for it - sold mine in a weekend

If you want standalone then Link is definitely the way to go imho

Turbo wise a GTX35 should be great with 3.0 pushing it round, although if you only want "the next level up" in terms of power ~550-600bhp then the GTX3076HTA would be a fabulous choice for instant response, I run a GTX3073HTA on my SR2.1 and its at 1bar before 3700rpm and is savage, so should be more like 2500rpm on a 2JZ !!

Good luck.

J.