The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra buying advice

Santos

Hello,

First of all , hello everybody, i'm new here, glad of joining this family.

Secondly, I need a advice from you, so recently I found a supra mk4 2JZ-GE, with 44k miles, in Germany, the guy who's selling it, is asking 12,000 euros for it, I'm really looking forward to buy it, but my friend says it's a money pit, and that it's too much money for a 1993 car, so I'm a little confused, and don't know if I should buy or not, I've always wanted a supra since I was a kid, and now I think i have my chance to buy it, what do you guys think? Do you think it is a good idea ? Should I buy it ? What would you guys recommend me?

Thank you

12 grand for an NA, in the UK market, is extreme to say the least, but not sure about the EU market. Is it left hand drive?

Secondly Supra's are generally very reliable, engines and gearboxes solid, the only thing you might cause trouble is suspension arms as they are pretty expensive from dealers.

12 grand for an NA, in the UK market, is extreme to say the least, but not sure about the EU market. Is it left hand drive?

Secondly Supra's are generally very reliable, engines and gearboxes solid, the only thing you might cause trouble is suspension arms as they are pretty expensive from dealers.

Nope, it is a right hand drive.

I've heard that alot too, that's why I'm a bit optimist about it

Given the exchange rate, you'd be better off shopping in the UK

Possibly better examples with traceable history

I forgot to mention, that I live in Luxembourg, I live 186 miles away from the guy who's selling it, 3 hours driving ain't that far way, I considered buying it in the UK, but I don't think, if it's worth the time and expenses to go get pick one .. :think::think::think::think:

Edited by Santos (see edit history)

120k miles in these are barely run in.

Providing the engine has been serviced regularly, and not abused, these cars will go for ever

I'd be more concerned about buying one with 44k miles, as that tells me it's either been sat around for long periods, or only used on very short journeys, meaning the engine hasn't got up to temperature properly very often.

I'd rather have a 150k motorway car, than a 30k town car any day of the week. It amazes me that people still get hung up on mileage

120k miles in these are barely run in.

Providing the engine has been serviced regularly, and not abused, these cars will go for ever

I'd be more concerned about buying one with 44k miles, as that tells me it's either been sat around for long periods, or only used on very short journeys, meaning the engine hasn't got up to temperature properly very often.

I'd rather have a 150k motorway car, than a 30k town car any day of the week. It amazes me that people still get hung up on mileage

/QUOTE]

I understand, and you made a point and I agree with you, I believe those people had just bad luck just like me and don't want to risk again.. thank you for your advice :)

I understand, and you made a point and I agree with you, I believe those people had just bad luck just like me and don't want to risk again.. thank you for your advice :)

No bother buddy!

My advice would be to always check over a car thoroughly, and ask lots of questions. I've always serviced my own vehicles, and am very particular about it, so I don't have much history per se. But, you'll know if it's been looked after or not.

Best of luck in your purchase. This forum has a wealth of information on it, so if you have any questions, we're here to help.

It is, but the car would have more than 120k miles on it.., and considering buying cars with more than 120k miles, I was never that lucky..that's why I'm a little afraid of going to high mileage cars .. :think:

Given their age you have to expect a few issues, I've had to replace a few things on mine as they have perished with age, seals etc - the cost of these soon mount up!

If you do buy from the UK be sure to post up on here first if it is away from the forum as there are a few dodgy areas to buy Supras from - personally I wouldn't buy away from the forum for a number of reasons

I'd be more concerned about buying one with 44k miles, as that tells me it's either been sat around for long periods, or only used on very short journeys, meaning the engine hasn't got up to temperature properly very often

Or clocked!

He means buying a car from Autotrader, ebay, gumtree or Pistonheads.

If you search google for "Mot History" you can type in a uk reg and get a report of the mileage recorded annual in our MOT (basic road worthiness annual test) which may assist you. There is standard NA auto in silver with low miles, one uk owner and a relatively recent import year at £6.495 (I think, will try and find a link now).

>

Edited by Scooter (see edit history)

He means buying a car from Autotrader, ebay, gumtree or Pistonheads.

If you search google for "Mot History" you can type in a uk reg and get a report of the mileage recorded annual in our MOT (basic road worthiness annual test) which may assist you. There is standard NA auto in silver with low miles, one uk owner and a relatively recent import year at £6.495 (I think, will try and find a link now).

Oh, thank you buddy

Enviado do meu SM-G955F através de Tapatalk

As Scooter said, other sites that sell cars. I'd exercise caution if looking at cars in High Wycombe, Sutton and Keighley (places in the UK), there are some traders there that we cant talk about on this forum because of the threat of legal action (which should tell you all you need to know!)

As Scooter said, other sites that sell cars. I'd exercise caution if looking at cars in High Wycombe, Sutton and Keighley (places in the UK), there are some traders there that we cant talk about on this forum because of the threat of legal action (which should tell you all you need to know!)
Can you recommend me a specific and legit place, to buy one? I visited a website yesterday I don't know if you have ever heard of it " japimportcars "

Enviado do meu SM-G955F através de Tapatalk