The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Non turbo

Guest Del1981

Guest Del1981

Hello all . I've finally got my first supra . It's a n.a auto . Seem pretty quick because I've gone from driving a transit van to driving it . My question is are there any mods I can do to this engine to increase the bhp a little . Cheers

Hello all . I've finally got my first supra . It's a n.a auto . Seem pretty quick because I've gone from driving a transit van to driving it . My question is are there any mods I can do to this engine to increase the bhp a little . Cheers

Is your car 100% stock ?

Not really worth doing anything to an NA other than going NA-T or replacing the motor with a TT engine but then

your into chunks of cash

Just give it a good service, change all the fluids, inspect the brakes closely and maybe get the geo checked

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

As the other guys have said not much you can do.

Change the normal filter for an induction panel filter and go decat if it hasn't already been done.

If you are really wanting to get more power from an n/a I believe that there different cams that you can get but as far as cost and any other supporting mods you may need I am not sure on.

But imagine that they would not give much more bhp.

As Dave said make it look nice and enjoy

Straight exhaust system. Make sure the engines well serviced its very noticeable between a na engine in need of a overhaul compared to one thats been done..tensioner...belts...sparks...they hook really well....

Decent tyres/alignment and shocks.

Youll be suprised how well those factors make a na go

Guest Del1981

Thank you all for the advice . I think an exhaust system will be all i do for the moment . Maybe an engine swap eventually . For now I will just enjoy it. For some reason I'm not able to post any pics. Keeps saying picture too large . Can anyone help me work out how to change my pics to upload them cheers

Thank you all for the advice . I think an exhaust system will be all i do for the moment . Maybe an engine swap eventually . For now I will just enjoy it. For some reason I'm not able to post any pics. Keeps saying picture too large . Can anyone help me work out how to change my pics to upload them cheers

Here you go :)

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?247543-How-to-Attach-images-to-a-post-thread.

Hi mate!

Yes, you can make a few things. Changing headers (with 1st decat) and tuned ecu makes the most difference and they are best bang for buck mods. Doesn't cost a lot but gives you a nice motor. I agree with evinX, make sure that your engine 100% healthy :)

Edited by LasseV (see edit history)