The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Swissvax, thoughts?

Noz

We offer their best of show wax as an option to finish our paint correction service at Autodoc. It gives an incredible shine and deep gloss, very very silky to the touch and excellent water beading. Obviously that is one of the premium options. We also offer Dodo as the more normal option which is also a great wax. I use Dodo myself for my more regular waxes.

I used to own a lot of swissvax waxes and had a lot of money in it. However I've now gone to sealants and ceramic coats as they just last longer and often have a better shine.

Best of show is great, you'd be lucky if you got 1-2 weeks durability out of it and is really just for shows as the name suggests.

Autofinese's range is my goto at the minute, their tough coat sealant is super easy to apply and is still beading after 4 months. The supra has Feynlabs ceramic coat now though, should last ages!

I use swissvax best of show.

It is expensive considering the tiny amount you actually get but it is nice stuff.

It buffs off really easily, even on a black car, and leaves no greasy residue which i have found with some cheaper waxes.

I dont use it as an everyday wax simply due to the price and because its not very durable.

Its a show wax, not a protective/sealing wax.

My day to day wax is Meguiars. They have recently introduced a nice hard wax into there ultimate range which is very good!

Previously they only had a liquid synthetic wax in their ultimate range or a hard wax in their gold class range.

i and a few other detailers years ago over on DW did a test sonax premium had just been made and i had the first pot in this country ,it was tested agained all the top waxes swissvax zymol and came out as good if not betterplus dodo supernatural . so why pay the extra when either of the above will do the job , durability ,3 months max, if anyone tells you its more then they are just hyping it up , but with a good wash technique and the right products once its on it can be kept topped up

me being mobile cant comment on the ceramic stuff , but again its expensive ,and ive had a few people come back dissapointed after having it put on but its reletively new , so again could be huge marketing , few companies here set up just doing that i dont think they lasted two minutes , but saying that money is tight down here .

Both my cars are ceramic coated. I had my paintwork corrected/polished about 3 years ago on the daily and haven't polished or waxed it since simply take it to the jetwash or the £5 hand wash if its grafted. The supra is done in carpro cquartz which is about £40 - iv jetwashed that car twice in a year (about 600 miles covered) and everything just beads off.

i used to detail cars for people now i cant stand it - there are easier ways to keep your motor clean than spending whole days waxing on and off.

i have auto finesse illusion on my shelf along with harley wax if you anit tried harley you need to, i find its awesome, just do a panel at a time. also just picked up at waxstock is one of soft99s waxes called fusso coat- very impressed, best water behaviour ive seen in a wax. also try soft99 glass sealent called glaco, very very good. 50mph plus no wipers lol

only time ive had a wax leave greasy finish is if you apply in the sun, some waxes i find tend to go greasy in the heat.

I use swissvax best of show.

It is expensive considering the tiny amount you actually get but it is nice stuff.

It buffs off really easily, even on a black car, and leaves no greasy residue which i have found with some cheaper waxes.

I dont use it as an everyday wax simply due to the price and because its not very durable.

Its a show wax, not a protective/sealing wax.

My day to day wax is Meguiars. They have recently introduced a nice hard wax into there ultimate range which is very good!

Previously they only had a liquid synthetic wax in their ultimate range or a hard wax in their gold class range.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170903/beeacf7b7815aaa2d74606087762268b.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170903/78051ecab4e8baf762c9f66b8cbd6cab.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170903/e88db3f5aa0ffc399f9a64a44ec7b41b.jpg