The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rear hockey stick removal

Scooter

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so managed the second one yesterday without incident, the first I cracked one slot on the hockey stick (easily super glued back together)

So I'll try and add pics later to assist but my best explanation is as follows.

Remove the 3 screws in the wheel arch and one (10mm) bolt from below.

Then wiggle the main section (nearer the wheel) out towards you, brace your thumbs on the body work as that'll help you ease it free rather than wrenching it free!

Once that's loose you have to gently rotate the piece about the last remaining clip at the rear, so that the plastic and upright clear the wheel arch bodywork as the next stage you have to gently slide everything rearwards (I can't for the life of me see why they didn't have it so it slid out forwards!).

This last stage is where I cracked one piece, the insides of these hockey sticks is often filled with dirt/mud and so a hose/clear out may help the final release, but the main thing is being firm in pressure in the exact plane of the clip.

Ok just to follow up, on putting these back, use some grease on both bits, you need to sort of bend the rear slot up from below to get it up to the clip on the bodywork before it will slide on (there is a bit of a knack to it so just be patient!), the front clip is then easy to slide on (If you have rear bumper off i'd put these back on first).