The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jspec/UK TT, Airbox

Mzemzu

I thought the UK MAF housing was moulded into the airbox
Where are you thinking the MAF is mounted in that picture? As far as I can see on the parts catalogue, the round outlet (right of your pic) is extended in a vvti box and is where the MAF attaches. The UK spec has a separate pipe that holds the maf that attaches to that outlet.

imageimage

Perhaps i should have worded maf housing differently as i think thats where the confusion is, i meant where the maf fits to the airbox not the maf itself,

The back of the airbox inc where the maf is bolted to the airbox is one piece :)

Perhaps i should have worded maf housing differently as i think thats where the confusion is, i meant where the maf fits to the airbox not the maf itself,

The back of the airbox inc where the maf is bolted to the airbox is one piece :)

I knew what you meant :)

The Jspec n/a Airbox will bolt in but there's a big clearance issues with smic pipe and the snorkel extends too close to the engine, therefore factory intake pipe won't fit. I'll send some photos of a n/a airbox dummies in my tt once I work out how to send.

The Jspec n/a Airbox will bolt in but there's a big clearance issues with smic pipe and the snorkel extends too close to the engine, therefore factory intake pipe won't fit. I'll send some photos of a n/a airbox dummies in my tt once I work out how to send.

Surely it would be easy enough to modify the pipe coming out of the airbox and make a custom pipe to go from the MAF to the no 4 airtube. I had custom silicon hoses made when i changed my stock pipework and still ran the maf with no problems, i'm not sure why you'd have a problem with the smic pipework so look forward to your photos

airbox 2.jpg

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...