The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello Ya'll

SupraTRD_MK4

Aloha to one and all here.

Hope I can experience a warm welcome to this forum. :taped: For many reasons in fact and among the most important ones being, I sadly don't own a Supra. I did however look at one and hence the username. And I aint from UK. South African here. I am however an ardent Toyota fan and have owned 2 AE82 models in my life. One being a sedan and the other a hatch back. I currently own a AE92 hatch and my brother owns the same however mine being the twincam and his the economy model until recent this year. My parents only ever trusted the brand and so it has been around since the days I drove around in a car. On a side note, I own a W209 55 which at the time was one of my dream cars. Must say going at 257km/h in a V8 is quite something but getting there quicker in a boosted 2jzgte Supra would be a whole lot fun. Just something to ponder over in case you thinking why get a Merc when I could have got me a Supra. I didn't get the import from Japan as I was afraid of putting that kind of money aside only to get confiscated and crushed if something went wrong during the process of acquiring one or being robbed by someone during payment. But alas, the need to own one flows ever more through my veins and one day hopefully, thats if the wife doesn't throw me out, I shall own a MKIV Supra Toyota. I would prefer the Targa Top as they are unique but for now, either auto and n/a will do or turbo and manual hard top versions when and if I can.

Sucks that our country rules have changed alot with regards to imports especially from Japan but none the less, I suppose if done correctly one can obtain the car after paying the government and all the duties and nonsense that goes with it just to become a legal import.

:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello there yet again. I need help or instructions as to how to use this forum completely as this will be my new home for my project car for the 3 years to come Lord willing. I managed to obtain a 1993 auto twin turbo but I am missing a few things to get the car complete again. Will start a new thread when I find the time and upload photos.