The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Differences Between SMIC and FMIC Piping

Bradley1500

Some pieces might be usable but wouldn't you be better off getting the FMIC with the correct fitting kit and sell

your SMIC hard pipe kit

Possibly.

I was investigating to see which route would be best.

If the piping could be modified easily I was simply going to buy some more silicone joiners and a FMIC rather than a full kit. If this isn't possible, or would be a pain in the arse to do, then I will purchase a kit. With this in mind, if anyone has a FMIC kit for sale let me know.

I doub't any of the pipes that run from the SMIC to the throttle body will be of use and personally its

just not worth the hassle to try to cut up pipe etc when you can buy the kit and fit it straight on

You'd have to mount the new FMIC to see if any of the SMIC hard pipe kit would be usable, thats if

its the right diameter as well depending on what you buy

This is the way to go :) http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/toyota/supra/intercoolers/garage-whifbitz-1230.html

Thanks for the replies.

I will go with a new kit then. I have had someone message me who is interested in the HKS piping, does anyone know what the kit would be worth secondhand?

To buy or sell on the forum you must be a paid member, please pay your membership before trading otherwise if caught you will be banned.

membership can be found here http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/payments.php

or buy going to your profile and clicking paid subscriptions on the left hand side.

Thanks for the replies.

They are discontinued now so possibly worth more than you'd think if the kits in good condition

An old advert on Titans website listed them at $575 http://www.titanmotorsports.com/hksinharkitm.html

Close to £450, but that is new and I can't understand why anyone would pay that amount of money when for not a great deal more you could buy a FMIC kit?

To be totally honest you would be better off sticking with your kit and just fit a new SMIC from CW or Whifbitz

This might be the easier route and at BPU power level I would have no benefit by fitting a FMIC, but I prefer the aesthetics of a FMIC. :)

To buy or sell on the forum you must be a paid member, please pay your membership before trading otherwise if caught you will be banned.

membership can be found here http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/payments.php

or buy going to your profile and clicking paid subscriptions on the left hand side.

Done! Once I've paid for membership is there anything else I need to do?

Its silly money because HKS sold it and people are prepared to pay for brand

Their FMIC's are way more than most others, the R spec is nearly £1200

I'd put your kit on Ebay and see where it goes :)

Thanks!

I have had a fair offer from a club member, but I need to find a suitable FMIC kit first before I can do anything. I'll see if they're still interested when the time comes, otherwise it'll be for sale on here and eBay.

Thanks again for all the replies.