The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi all 🙂

AlanKell

Hi everyone,

Β 

New member just posting a quick hi!

Β 

Had my supra for a little over ten years now, just got round to giving it a bit of superficial TLC and am now enjoying getting her out in the road. Wanted to join a forum to find out a bit about where I can go (car shows, meets, etc.) to see a few other cars and find out what I should do next with mine ο˜‰

Β 

It's an imported '96 tt, good few mods and drives like a dream. I've attached a few pictures (first time here so hope I've done it right!) still got the stickers on from the last time I took it in a European rally - can't bring myself to take them off yet as they look pretty cool ο™‚

Β 

Few more photos here http://www.TheWhiteSupra.co.uk

Β 

Cheers,

Al.

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

Pure Rally was a good laugh. I went on the Beach Run down South and the Marbella rally the year after. Both were decent, but not convinced I’d go on another one as it’s a lot more about the partying than the cars and the driving.

Β 

The people you meet on them make it a good time, but it was very β€˜get from A to B’ then party (in very expensive clubs). Getting from A to B was via the quickest route possible (usually a motorway, especially in the European rally) rather than over the scenic roads which are preferable if you’re in it for the cars and the driving. Although the party’s were cool, they did seem to be the main focus with the driving taking very much a back seat :(

Β 

The party’s were cool, but if you weren’t willing to spend a lot of money on tables in the clubs, you were stuck in the crowd with everybody else and didn’t really feel part of the group which was a shame - kind of split the group into those who were willing to throw around a lot of money, and those that weren’t. That being said, there was a good group of people on the rally’s that were in the same situation, so you got from it what you made of it and we had a blast :)

Β 

The cars were ace - ramped up fiesta’s to Lamborghini Avantedor’s, Ferrari’s and Stretch Limo’s!?! and the guys that were driving them really showed you what they could do! ... especially in Europe where speeding laws were a bit more relaxed, as long as you paid the fine’s, which you cater for in the budget for the trip ;)

Β 

All in all, glad I did both of them, and will definitely be going on another one, but might try ModBall or Cannon Run 3000 next time. Did get an application for the Gumball, but it’s a bit rich for me :D

Welcome, nice looking supra! A friend of mine done pure rally a couple of years ago in his 350Z, said it was good but wouldn't do it again.

Β 

Sounds like you would like the dragonball Euro trips the club do, it's a great weekend that takes in scenic routes and also has some fun involved ;)

Yeh thats what I thought. In 2015 I just organised my own, no entrance fee or anything. Just car peeps on the amazing roads through France, Alps to Turin to Monaco, across the French rivieria and then to Andorra. Was an amazing trip, modball might be something I'll research, if it's not it's made out to be then I'll organise my own again.

Thanks, would be interested in finding out more about the dragon ball Euro trip. Just looking to join the forum properly now so that I can check out buying a few bits :) Love the convoy driving part of the rally so would be well up for getting involved if I am about.

One of the guys that we met on the pure rally thought the same thing, so started the cannon run rally - seems to be doing well with it. Guess if you’re good at organising trips and have a big enough social network of enthusiasts you can pull something together and have a laugh pretty well.