The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Hoodlock

Andrew K

I'm after a supra hoodlock made by Jamie Fosta Finished in textured black matt, I have Pm'd him to see if he is willing to make anymore but thought I'd start a wanted post to see if anyone out there has one they are wanting to sell on.

I've pinched a picture from someone's forsale post to show what I'm after, sadly I missed out on this one :rolleyes:

attachment.php?attachmentid=221940&stc=1&d=1503425783

I don't really get why people have these. Please do elaborate?!

/QUOTE]

Two shows I've been to this year turned out really windy and my bonnet was banging about on the stock bonnet stay and almost popped out a few times! Worrying what the damage could have been I had to close my bonnet, Seeing one of these at the weekend made me think it would be good for these types of occasions.

You can put this in place, lock the car walk off.

People can still view the engine bay but it's harder for idiots to rob things

This as well so another reason I'd like one, everything I see pictures posted up of my car (unless I've taken them)

My bonnets shut because I've gone walking if to check out other cars.

Hi mate, sorry I don't get on here much. I'm on with another batch now but that one you have a pic of is Robby' I only made 2 like that in full alloy with polished logo. They where too expensive to do them that way. I'm not a trader on here so that's why my sales on these are Facebook based. :)

I've never really understood the entire concept of people doing it either tbh.

Whether it be with lanyards to hold down bonnet struts, the bonnet sitting on steering wheels or anything else, you can't see into the engine bay which is the whole point of opening it in the first place. Might as well just keep it closed, will look better in pictures instead of being half open with something blocking your view of the bay.

At least the hoodlock is fairly thin and you can see into the bay if you make a proper effort

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.