The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Recommendation Needed: Leather Gaiter and Handbrake

Sheefa

Hi all

Looking to replace my gearstick leather gaitor and handbrake too. The former is looking a little tired now. I'm looking for something ideally in genuine leather or classy alternative (nothing too colourful but subtle stitching is ok).

Also anyone recommend a decent handbrake handle cover or can you get these new still?

Thanks

Greg

One tip, when fitting a handbrake gaiter, trim the rubber console piece at the rear of it on the inside. With a gaiter on the handbrake it makes it thicker and pushes up and down against the rubber deforming it. Trimming the hole bigger gives it space to move freely without slowly damaging the rubber :thumbs:

If you were wanting yours retrimmed then I would highly recommend a guy called Vincent Gibson, I looked for ages trying to get someone to do my gauge pod and no one would touch it as they all said it was too complicated but Vincent said yeah thats fine and I couldn't be happier with the result it was such a great quality job. If interested whatsapp me and will give contact details :)

Here's how my gauge pod came out...

attachment.php?attachmentid=221930&stc=1&d=1503388567

1.jpg

If you were wanting yours retrimmed then I would highly recommend a guy called Vincent Gibson, I looked for ages trying to get someone to do my gauge pod and no one would touch it as they all said it was too complicated but Vincent said yeah thats fine and I couldn't be happier with the result it was such a great quality job. If interested whatsapp me and will give contact details :)

Here's how my gauge pod came out...

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=221930&stc=1&d=1503388567

WOW :cool: thats a awesome job

Thanks all and good tip Evin.

Thanks Shawn that does look awesome.

Might be a good option depending on cost. Happy with a smart off the shelf one though for gearlevel gaiter. I haven't tried returning my handbrake lever actually may look into that.

Currently using one of those ebay gaitor/gearstick leather jobs, the gearstick looks lovely except for the velcro join at the top (not really shown in pictures), I guess there's no alternative to velcro short of restitching it but unfortunately it does cheapen the look. The handbrake gaitor never fit from the start and I couldn't find a way of fixing the base... ended up just leaving it as I knew I'd be pulling it all out for spraying anyway. If you removed the rubbery stock handbrake cover you might get it to work, I was just reluctant to go cutting off OEM parts.