The mkiv Supra Owners Club

First supra project 1jz swap

RTurner93

Hi welcome.

On the soarer loom you have a few interior plugs which need to be cut and the appropriate wires need to be mated with their counterparts on the 2JZGE interior loom big orange and grey plug.

The biggest resource to find out what each wire does is here:

http://wilbo666.pbworks.com/w/page/41678224/2JZ-GE%20JZA80%20Supra%20Engine%20Wiring

http://wilbo666.pbworks.com/w/page/47216384/1JZ-GTE%20JZZ30%20Soarer%20Engine%20Wiring

Hi welcome.

On the soarer loom you have a few interior plugs which need to be cut and the appropriate wires need to be mated with their counterparts on the 2JZGE interior loom big orange and grey plug.

The biggest resource to find out what each wire does is here:

http://wilbo666.pbworks.com/w/page/41678224/2JZ-GE%20JZA80%20Supra%20Engine%20Wiring

http://wilbo666.pbworks.com/w/page/47216384/1JZ-GTE%20JZZ30%20Soarer%20Engine%20Wiring

Thanks for your reply this will be much help as feel like im drowning in the deep end abit haha really appreciate it!

I mean what Mike2JZ said above - get interior plugs (female) from Soarer - there should be 5 of them I think and try to source engine side loom orange and grey plug (Male) from Supra. Then do wiring between them and you will have plug and play engine to interior harness between 1JZ and 2JZ.

Those plugs are (Soarer) passenger side on side wall, all of them sitting in white plastic holder, (Supra) Orange and Grey from engine loom. Supra side plugs you might get lucky and Keron will have them in stock (or you cut them from your NA engine), Soarer one - you would need shell from donor and cut them from there.

Edited by Konrad (see edit history)

From the pin outs listed on Wilbro's site, what wires you need where should be self explanatory, but if you run into any headaches shoot me a message and I'll try to help. Have done this swap a number of times now, seems quite intimidating the first time round!

From the pin outs listed on Wilbro's site, what wires you need where should be self explanatory, but if you run into any headaches shoot me a message and I'll try to help. Have done this swap a number of times now, seems quite intimidating the first time round!

Thanks mate will do, need to get a chance to get down to the garage and get a proper look at the wiring and pics etc, i know there is a cut white multi plug off a look not sure if its from the soarer engine loom or from the supra car loom, will give you a message if get stuck thanks

Hi mate, managed to have a quick look at the wiring and what i have to deal with yesterday, with the soarer loom that came with the car was a clear multi plug holder for 4 plugs with the male connectors still in and wires cut a few inches long and got orange and white female plugs from 1jz loom plugs into but have another white and 2 grey plugs that have nowhere to plug, also i have the big 38 pin orange plug in the car (supra) but nothing to plug into it engine loom side guessing that was from the 2jz loom? Do you think i should get plugs for the 1jz loom and use the multiplug holder from the soarer, that would mean cutting up supra loom, or leave body loom and adapt 1jz loom to join to supra wiring? Lol thanks buddy

• 2 weeks later...