The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Valuation help

SPG

Hi All,

In the current market and given the below details (no pics), what do we think the estimated ball park would be.

Spec:

- White pre-facelift NA Manual 128k on the clock from memory, although the mix of miles and km's can't be accurate, so let's stick with miles.

- A01B LSD

- Stock body paint could do with a refresh as it's showing it's age, the car is a Cat D as it was involved in a low speed collision with a Volvo (if memory serves me correctly). Insurance repaired it.

- Yellow Billies all round

- interior is intact but could also do with a little attention

Pictures are key I realise, but humour me.

Looking to shift this as I haven't got the time to continue this and another project, but I'm not ready to let her leave just yet :).

I'll fire up a pic when I have a recent one, thanks in advance.

Thanks guys, great to see a difference in pricing. Keep em coming.

With regards to the accident repair, from my knowledge of the car, the front bumper and bonnet took the damage, chassis legs were not touched. The interior does not need much attention, the drivers side bolster off side had the usual wear related marks, but I have a replacement seat to substitute. The carpet was once grey but has been recently dyed black.

Exterior the rear quarter where the rear hockey stick meets the body there is a small scrape and generally the car needs either a good mop session, or ideally someone who's going to have paint done as part of their project.

AC was once removed but I've reinstalled this, engine has had all new pumps and belts, gearbox fluid changed as well as Diff fluid, new brakes discs and pads are ready to installed and fluid has been changed. The drop links have been replaced all round. Exhaust is a trusty TRD copy and both cats are still present.

Hope this helps.

Edited by SPG (see edit history)

For the amount of views this thread has got, the replies seem a little sparse, please be as brutally honest as you want.

I've noticed some rust on the lower crossmember where the rad sits, going to have this replace with new so the Bodyshop is going to have a look at the paint at that time.

Looking to shift this around September/October if anyone's looking for a winter project at that time :).

It's probably nicer than mine and I'd value mine at 4-5k so somewhere between 5 and 6k I think, assuming it's not Cat D after all.

A good thing might be to go on Ebay and look for completed listings to see what cars similar to yours have actually sold for.

Little surprised at some of the valuations, I thought cat d history as a rough rule of thumb halfs the value of a car. NA manual in good nick is maybe £8k, less £1k for a cheap but presentable respray / tidy up, means a value of £3.5k ish?

Would obviously love to see you get more for it but just giving my honest opinion Sunny :innocent:

Little surprised at some of the valuations, I thought cat d history as a rough rule of thumb halfs the value of a car. NA manual in good nick is maybe £8k, less £1k for a cheap but presentable respray / tidy up, means a value of £3.5k ish?

Would obviously love to see you get more for it but just giving my honest opinion Sunny :innocent:

Cat D isnt that bad, not enough to halve the value. Cat D is essentially just very light cosmetic damage whereby the cost to repair doesnt equate to anywhere near the value of the vehicle.

There are 4 'categories'

D - repairable without exceeding the value of the car.

C - repairable but will exceed the value of the car

B - non repairable (legally) but is eligible to be broken for spares

A - non repairable, not eligible to be broken for spares and must be crushed.

Thank you all for the replies.

I'm not looking to make money in this car, so the lower end prices quoted don't really worry me. I'd much rather help someone who is looking for their first project Sup than make a few extra £££'s.

I like the idea of testing the water, but if I'm being honest I'll probably just stick up a very reasonable price in the first instance and see if she goes, as it's the space I'm lacking rather than funds.

With regards to the Cat D, I'm not too worried about it as I have the pre-accident history, repair and receipts thereafter. Other than the crossmember rust issue (common these days) the car is structurally sound and the damage was light. I'll see if the previous owner has a moment or two to discuss the bump, although I hear he spends a lot of time at the Salon :D.

• 1 year later...

Well everyone, I’m pleased to say that the Sup is finally ready to go to paint, should be nice and fresh once it’s done as the glass is coming out for the job. The rusty rad panel is being removed and replaced with a new crossmember from Toyota.

Just had a set of stock 17’s refurbed which the car will be rolling on once done :). Very satisfying.

Should make a nice NA 5 speed for the new owner once I listed it shortly after the bodywork. :cool: