The mkiv Supra Owners Club

knock sound in the front **Solved***

jza800

Hi All

I have some knock sound in the front suspension, it can come and goes, and only when turning.. i have changed the adjustable suspension from h&r.. but had the knocking sound too the the other suspension.. what parts should i get a look at???

Have a look at the top mount on the suspension that would be a good place to start

I had a really annoying knock on the front going over rough roads a few years back. No wear on the ball joint. Replaced all the struts and still had it. Then changed the discs and pads and noise gone, never to return. It was a knock that was louder and more likely to occur when turning left, for some unknown reason.

I had a really annoying knock on the front going over rough roads a few years back. No wear on the ball joint. Replaced all the struts and still had it. Then changed the discs and pads and noise gone, never to return. It was a knock that was louder and more likely to occur when turning left, for some unknown reason.

mine only occur when i turn at low speeds, never over bumps or normal driving.. and only when the car moves, if it stands still and i turn the wheel no knock..

no it dosent.. only when turning.. eks, when i go to a roundabout and go in and out off it, sometims there comes a knock sometimes not.. it sounds like a spring on the strut turning a littlebit. but the spring and strut are new, and i did it too with the old spring and strut..

mine only occur when i turn at low speeds, never over bumps or normal driving.. and only when the car moves, if it stands still and i turn the wheel no knock..

I put mine down to probably a slightly warped disc moving the pad on the wheel rotation generating the knocking noise. It never occured at high speed only sub 30mph. Its easy enough to check if the discs are true by spinning the wheels with a something resting at 90 degrees onto the disc. Wheels off the ground its easier to check other things like your joints and wheel bearing condition as well as they can all lead to knocks and noises.

hmm this is strange, i have checked everything now, and i seems like it comes from the brakes.. because if i touch the brake and brake the car, the squeak diserapers alot.. someone had the same problem???

if i go at low speed and turn quikly from side to side, it squeaks, but as soon as i brake the car, it close to diserapers..