The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Emissions paper from Toyota?

Thomas.B

Hey!

So i'm trying to register my car with a single turbo to get rid of the hassle from the cops as they force you to register again and again and again, it becomes costly...

The guy that does the register Mot said I need a emissions paper from Toyota for the Supra, and because the car was not sold directly in Sweden toyota over here can't help me.

Is there any way to get these papers from the UK ?

thanks!

Hmm that sucks. How can that be ?

I find it weird that they need them as the car is registered with the single turbo and I have an mot map and silencer so it passes the emissions test, weird that they can't use those values for the change? All I want the papers to say is that it's single turbo and not double...

Could you maybe link your test so I can see if they would accept it from another place than toyota? Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Sorry for the late reply, been busy getting the car ready for paint and tomorrow I'm finally picking it up from the painters :)

Emailed the German Rhd guy but haven't heard back yet so I'm still in need of this paper from toyota.

Is there anyone in the UK that could call Toyota and talk to them?

Maybe my chassi number would do and I would of course pay in advance.

Thanks!

I spoke to them already. There is no data. And if toyota UK were to have any it would be for a UK spec twin turbo with steel turbos. As posted the US had figures. They want documentation of everything if you leave them to it. If they can accept toyota values from 93 why cant they accept data from a reputable company in 2017. You need to start questioning and finding out every detail.

I'm pretty sure you cant legally register a single turbo in Sweden very easily. Even Armin put stock twins in his car for MOT/registration time. I'd make sure on Swedish Supraforum

It was the same in Finland before, not possible without an expensive (1500€) rolling road emission test and no warranty to pass it, and it was 1500€ per try. Gladly the law just changed a year ago and we now can legally single turbo a Supra with a simple emission test done at the MOT station and dyno the car with less than 20% raised power from stock. Cars to be able to do this needs to be Euro1 emission grade, so usually under year 2000.

So before we just put the stock twins and IC back or find a friendly MOT guy and pay him a little extra to pass the test

Even if you would get an emission proof from Toyota or Tüv/Dekra, its for a stock car and not a single turbo modified one. So it will not help you anything. Only way is to get your own car tested and it will be expensive.

Edited by Krister (see edit history)

I love living in the UK, our motoring rules and regulations are so basic. You can fit anything to anything

Supras are pretty much in the clear zone, give it another 20 years and we probably wont need MOTs D:

Newer cars (fortunatley :D) are more documented and will take the heat

Supras are pretty much in the clear zone, give it another 20 years and we probably wont need MOTs D:

Newer cars (fortunatley :D) are more documented and will take the heat

I don’t care about the mot when are they going to be tax exempt :p The tax is more than I pay in insurance and mot combined.

The car can well indeed be registered as a single turbo as it's not fully documented as newer cars are.

It was the register guy that told me that's what I need to make the change. I registered my car with the singles build without issues bit come to the wrong mot guy and your screwed. I can get it mot'd without issues but I don't want to be stopped by the police and get a forced re register thingy as that can truly Feel everything up...

I'm gonna go talk to the register guy again and get more details and I'll update here again :)